Pick point runs allover

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
j.carilla
491 Views, 11 Replies

Pick point runs allover

hello community,

i would like to ask if there is a way for my pick point to stay where i would like it to be? (please see sample CAD)

i placed 2 stretch action in my block and a rotate, but pick point is not following in the assigned place i put it so as the rotate pickpoint.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
j.palmeL29YX
in reply to: j.carilla

Is that what you need? 

>>Click<<

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 12

You need to make sure you select the grip when you are selecting your action. When you are selecting your rotate, you have to make sure you include the stretch grip.

Order is important.

~Brenda~
Message 4 of 12

i got that. but my pick points still does not stay in its initial location (reset state).

Message 5 of 12
j.carilla
in reply to: j.palmeL29YX

i cant say i need chain command, still starting to use dynamic blocks and still have to learn how chain commands work. thanks though..

Message 6 of 12
j.palmeL29YX

@j.carilla wrote:

i cant say i need chain command, 

???

(There is no "chain command", what do you mean?)

Perhaps could you try to describe your goal with other words or more detailed. What do you want to achieve? 

A small (hand drawn) sketch could help us to understand what you want. 

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 12

Further to this; what do you mean by pick point? Are you talking about the basepoint of the block? Or are you talking about the parameter grips?

You have two blocks in your sample drawing, but I can't figure out what exactly you are looking to achieve.

~Brenda~
Message 8 of 12
Libbya
in reply to: BrendaRichardson

@BrendaRichardson wrote:

You need to make sure you select the grip when you are selecting your action. When you are selecting your rotate, you have to make sure you include the stretch grip.

Order is important.

This is not correct.  Adding grips to the selection sets of other actions does absolutely nothing.  The grip ALWAYS remains in the exact position relative to the associated parameter point.  If you want a grip of one parameter to move with the motion caused by another parameter's action, then you need to include the PARAMETER that is associated with the grip in the selection set of that action.  Including the grip or not including it in the selection set makes no difference. 

Message 9 of 12
Libbya

@j.carilla wrote:

hello community,

i would like to ask if there is a way for my pick point to stay where i would like it to be? (please see sample CAD)

i placed 2 stretch action in my block and a rotate, but pick point is not following in the assigned place i put it so as the rotate pickpoint.

Your two stretch actions are ADDITIVE.  They both have a distance multiplier of 1, and 1+1=2, so they combine to double the movement of the grip/parameter.  If you want the movement of objects to be equal to the movement of a grip, then the distance modifiers of all associated actions of that grip/parameter acting on those objects needs to add up to 1.

If you want the rotate grip to move with the stretch action, then you need to adjust the rotate parameter's diameter to match the grip and scale the rotate parameter.  

See screencast.

Message 10 of 12
Libbya
in reply to: Libbya

That said, if the block were mine, I would use a Polar parameter and Polar Stretch in order to accomplish the same possible movements of stretching and rotating with a single grip/parameter.  See screencast.

Message 11 of 12
BrendaRichardson

You are correct; I used the wrong terminology; I typically keep my grip with the parameter, so when I grab one, I grab the other.

~Brenda~
Message 12 of 12
j.carilla

Thank you very much.. this solved most of my stretch action problem. both of the solution you gave are a big help.

thank you all for your support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta