Did you mean: 

Overlapping Dynamic Grips

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1767 Views, 4 Replies

Overlapping Dynamic Grips

I am learning dynamic blocks.  I got the basic down.  My problem is selecting or cycling through overlapping grips.

I have a rotation parameter/action and a point parameter with a move action.  The rotation and  move grips are on top of each other.  When I insert the dynamic block into a drawing, I don't get either of the two grips to choose from.  There is just a blue rectangular grip that doesn't do anything.  I assume this is appearing because autocad doesn't know which parameter to show me....rotation or move.

Hope that make sense.  Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Anonymous

In the BE highlite one of the Parameters.

Its Grip will be selectable. Move the grip away from the other wherever you want. The Parameter/Action will still function as you intend. Make sure the endpoints of the Parameter stay put though.

You can move any grip you want in a Dynamic Block. A common reason to do so is as you describe. Another is having a Flip Action about a Basepoint Parameter. You may want to move the DynBlk by the Basepoint but keep Flipping it instead thus needing to use a MOVE command which then defeats the purpose of having a basepoint with which to move the block about using as few command as possible.

However, In the case of Stretching a rectangle (or any vertices of a polygon) in the X and Y direction having the Grips overlap does not pose a problem; except with a Flip, or Basepoint, or Move, or Rotate, or... well you get the idea.

TMI?

Please remember to check Solved if your question has been answered

Message 3 of 5
Charles_Shade

And...

Cycling of Grips is a way to have multiple insertion points not which Grip is on top or selected in any given Action.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks.  Worked good.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Charles_Shade

I have a block with multiple attributes that need to line up with each other's grips (each grip needs to correspond with the attribute's insertion point).  If the user puts one attribute grip on top of another grip (either by accident or to skip a unused attribute), it is not possible to separate the grips because the move parameter properties are not visible (I don't want the properties visible to reduce clutter).

Is it possible to separate the two grips without changing the blocks definition (either by turning the location properties of the grips on or by changing the grip location)?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta