Did you mean: 

Lookup table

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
rogier.dejongCB9QW
462 Views, 4 Replies

Lookup table

Hi all, I'm struggling with a dynamic block.

Attached a simple example of a dynamic block I created, (see attachment).

The block shows a "pile" with a certain length. In the properties you can modify this block by choosing a pile type. Then the length of the pile changes.

What I want to achieve is when I selected a pile type, a text which shows this pile type. And also I want to show some other 'properties' like for example the weight and ID-number.  

Of course this is also possible with "visability" parameter, and drawing all piles separately and place all 'properties' with texts, because in practice I will have like 100 different types. So I think 'the lookup table' is the right choise.

Can anyone help me out?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Libbya
in reply to: rogier.dejongCB9QW

From what you describe, a block properties table might be a better choice than a lookup.  Use attributes to house whatever text you like.  Use the BPT to 'write' the text directly to the attribute(s) based on selection.  

Message 3 of 5
rogier.dejong
in reply to: Libbya

Thanks Libbya,

I tried and it looks good. Still need some fine tuning, so maybe I'll come back to you.

But for now, thanks a lot!

Message 4 of 5
rogier.dejongCB9QW
in reply to: Libbya

Hi Libbya,

It works, but I have a few more questions.

When selecting the block I can choose the Pile-type (which is an attribute), so also shown in the Properties.

But I also want to have the possibility (when the block is selected) to choose/select the Pile-type in the Properties from the pre-defined BPT. But in the properties I can only fill-in the attribute value, not select from a pre-defined table. Is there a possibility for this?

And next question (a nice to have): is there a possibility to get/extract/import all pile types with it's properties from an Excel file. (that saves a lot time, and avoid typing mistakes)

Thanks in advance!

Message 5 of 5

Yes. As long as your block properties table has all the relevant "headers" you can copy and paste from excel. See the attached image

Capture.JPG

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta