Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

linking stretch commands that are at varying angles to each other

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
swbQDT5D
136 Views, 1 Reply

linking stretch commands that are at varying angles to each other

I am creating a dynamic door block - yes, I could download some template ones and I've tried many, but I want one that features this way:
- Variable rotation of door (from 0 to 90 degrees)

- variable doorway opening including the frame

- variable door width (and therefore thickness of frame)

- symmetrical frame width either side, and minimum number of visible controls. I believe it needs 3 visible parameters: Outer frame width, Door width, and rotation.

I have so far made the attached, but although the frame works exactly how I want it to, I can't get the actions right for scaling the door and the dashed-line path.

The challenge is that scaling the door width (inner frame width) moves the hinge, which skews the scale on the door. Also for some reason, rotating the door affects the scale in some way and it ends up skewed.

Tbh by this stage it's an intellectual exercise as much as anything for me, I'm here to learn. How can I prevent the movement of the hinge point from interfering with the rotation, and how can I prevent the rotation from interfering with the scale?

Other info: I'm using autocad LT if that makes any difference.

Tags (2)
Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
uday3C
in reply to: swbQDT5D

@swbQDT5D ,

Please check if this is what you intended to achieve with the Dynamic Block.

Note that I used Dimensional Constraint parameters rather than Action parameters to achieve this.

Few things to improve on:

1. I have to set the Angular parameter minimum to some value above zero as setting it to zero mangles the ARC.
  2. The angular constraint has two grips one of which I would like to hide if possible, see the below image highlighting the one I want to be hidden.
  3. uday3C_0-1720080355188.png

Does anyone know how to resolve the above issues?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost