Did you mean: 

Limit Rotation on a dynamic block between the angles of 270 to 360/0

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
sscott1664
410 Views, 6 Replies

Limit Rotation on a dynamic block between the angles of 270 to 360/0

Hi I am creating a dynamic block that has for legs one in each corner and each leg can only rotate 90 degree's, the legs are also telescopic so I have used the polar stretch parameter, its worked perfectly well on three legs with the minimum and maximum angles of 0 to 90, 90 to 180, 180 to 270 BUT when i try to limit the last leg to 270 to 360 or 0 it will not work, can someone tell me where I am going wrong please. 

sscott1664_0-1700908546907.png

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
leeminardi
in reply to: sscott1664

Does 270 to 359.99 yield acceptable results?

lee.minardi
Message 3 of 7
sscott1664
in reply to: leeminardi

Hi no it just resets back to 0 and there's no limitations on the action it can rotate 360 degree's, I fact I can only set it to whole numbers.

Message 4 of 7
Ed.Jobe

@sscott1664 wrote:

Hi no it just resets back to 0 and there's no limitations on the action it can rotate 360 degree's, I fact I can only set it to whole numbers.

I'm not at work now, but you should be able to enter fractions of a degree. Check your UNITS>angle precision is set to. You might also try 0 to -90

Ed

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.
How to post your code.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
vinodkl

Hello @sscott1664 

Please share the dynamic block, so that I can check it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ವಿನೋದ್ ಕೆ ಎಲ್( System Design Engineer)

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" if my reply resolves the issue or answers your question, to help others in the community.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 6 of 7
hwalker

@sscott1664 See the attached drawing and the image below

hwalker_0-1701103945737.png

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 7 of 7
Libbya

Share the block file.  As hwalker demonstrated, setting the minimum angle of the polar parameter to 270 and the max angle of 360 works fine.  I can't even guess what you have done to make it not work.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost