Did you mean: 

Flip won't preserve x,y axes

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
dan1619889
204 Views, 3 Replies

Flip won't preserve x,y axes

Hello everyone, I was trying to create a dynamic block with flip option, but it makes it flip at a "random" position, this only happens when the distance is changed, please, look at the sample and it will make more sense. Need help solving this. Thank you in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
j.palmeL29YX
in reply to: dan1619889

First you should remove the flip actions and parameters from the selection sets of the both stretch actions. 

For a more detailed help please tell us what you want to achieve, which functionality you expect. 

As a fist guess (I'm sure this is not yet exactly what you want) I added two move actions to move the flips. Maybe this helps you to see how to repair your block.

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
dan1619889
in reply to: j.palmeL29YX

Thanks j.palmeL29YX, it is exactly what I wanted to achieve, just don't understand why do I have to remove the selection, is that what makes it act weird?
Message 4 of 4
j.palmeL29YX
in reply to: dan1619889

@dan1619889 wrote:
 why do I have to remove the selection, is that what makes it act weird?

You can easily test it yourselfe. In the (well working) sample-pa.dwg modify the selection set of the both stretch actions: click on one stretch action, then right click and choose "Action Selection Set -> Modify Selection Set" and add the both flip parameters (inclusive their grips). Do the same with the other stretch action. Test your block - the old problem appears again. 

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report