Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Blocks with Block Table - editing multiple instances with Properties box

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
samspade
405 Views, 3 Replies

Dynamic Blocks with Block Table - editing multiple instances with Properties box

good day!

Having about 900 possible combinations of this embed I am representing, I decided to make a block table. All seemed well, as the users really like the filtering aspect of block tables. 

the issue is:

when I want to adjust large quantities of this block, usually I would just window them and use properties to make my adjustment. Alas, I realize that block tables don't really drive, so if I change the length I would want the part number to change, but it doesn't. That makes sense, the table is just organizing information but not really connected or driving in the way a look up table would be. 

So, any ideas on the work flow of having to insert hundreds of these into a file, then later having to change the version of the block?

Or any way to make the lookup parameters act more like the look up table where it filters selection for you?

or, is there something I am just completely missing in the first place?

thank you anybody out there for advisement.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Libbya
in reply to: samspade

If you select all of the ones you want to change, go to properties, select block table, and select the new correct row (granted it isn't presented in the nested pulldown format that it is in model space) then all will switch to that row.  The part number certainly changes...once you do a regen to update the field.  If you want the part number to update immediately without a regen, then get rid of the field and add the attribute to the table and fill out the attribute values for each row.  

Message 3 of 4
samspade
in reply to: Libbya

Thank you. I was trying to avoid users in the table but hey, you only live once. I am going with it.

enjoy the day!

Message 4 of 4
Libbya
in reply to: samspade

I'm not sure why you want to avoid users seeing the rows of the table.  To be clear, you cannot edit the table from within properties, you can only select the row.  You can only edit the table from within block editor.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta