Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Blocks Showcase: Share Your Favorite Dynamic Blocks

265 REPLIES 265
Message 1 of 266
Victoria.Studley
86441 Views, 265 Replies

Dynamic Blocks Showcase: Share Your Favorite Dynamic Blocks

Dynamic Blocks Showcase: share your favorite dynamic blocks and show us how you made them!

As a follow up to our latest dynamic blocks webinar, we'll post our favorite dynamic blocks here with Screencasts to illustrate how we created them.

Please join the conversation: share your own blocks or get some inspiration from your fellow community members. Let us know how you save time in your designs by using dynamic blocks!

If you're interested in watching our Dynamic Blocks webinars, or signing up for future AutoCAD webinars, check out these links:

Victoria Studley
Principal Experience Designer - Fusion
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
265 REPLIES 265
Message 141 of 266

Here are a few timeline, Gantt and Pert chart diagram blocks I have in my library.

Hope some folks find these useful.

Best Regards

Tim C.

Tags (2)
Message 142 of 266

Here are a few basic electrical design blocks:

E Equipment

E Devices

E Light Fixtures

Hope some folks find these useful

Best Regards

-Tim C.

Tags (1)
Message 143 of 266

Added a few move blocks

Added placement guides to most of the blocks.

Best Regards

-Tim C.

Message 144 of 266

Updated Ground Bar

Message 145 of 266
Anonymous
in reply to: Victoria.Studley

Being a steel drafter there aren't many blocks out there for straight AutoCAD.  I've developed some blocks that help with creating details that are quick and easy in 1 spot.  No searching for the right W-Shape, L-Shape, C-Shape, or HSS-Shape.  The steel shapes are all defined in the AISC database.  So naturally just need to input these dimensions into Block Properties Table with a Grip to have the drop down to select what size is needed.  Also within the functionality is the Visibility State (Top View, Section View, Side View) (Top, Section, LLH Side, LLV Side)…..  As those are driven by the Table as well they have the stretch capabilities, so they will always be correct.  

Sometimes I may need to blow them up to create a miter connection for instance but its easier than stretching individual lines or polylines first.

Limited to 3 files but I also have the C-Shape, TC & Hex Bolts (scales to the size, side top and bottom views, align functionality, stretches length of the bolt) 

Message 146 of 266
bwhisenhunt
in reply to: Anonymous

I just tried the L-angle block and can I say...   HOLY SHMOLY that's a crazy block!   I am interested in the process you used to create the block.  Did you start by creating the table first?   Just looking at it made my widdle brain hurt.   

That would make for a very informative tutorial on creating a block with so many variations.  One thing I'm curious about is have you tried using an associative hatch like ANSI32 with the linework?

Message 147 of 266
bwhisenhunt

I would certainly like to see the other blocks you mention.

Message 148 of 266

Here is another update the Electrical Riser Design Block Set:

-Fixed Multiple Visstate errors

-Made attribute naming common between all blocks

-Created an excel template to facilitate pushing data into the blocks, allowing multiple folks

to work on the riser, one lays out the graphics while another fills out the design parameters

Hope some folks find this useful

Best Regards

-Tim C.

Message 149 of 266

Sick...  So I have a Header Sizing program that follows along the same lines.  Push and pulls from an excel file..  I will have to post it sometime when I get it refined...

Lehtonen
Message 150 of 266

Here is a set of blocks that allow the user to create different panel schedule configurations.

There is an Excel template provided that allows data to be pushed into the schedule making it easier for multiple looks to work on the schedules.

Best Regards

-Tim C.

Message 151 of 266
Anonymous
in reply to: bwhisenhunt

I work for a steel design build and fabrication company.  I work as part of the design team as a drafter and we had a large details page and a part of it had every single shape there was.  It got me thinking that AutoCAD is smart enough to handle all these.  The basic shape is the same for all W-steel, C-Steel, HSS.

I started with the basic shape, set the parameters and constraints and then make the table.  I'll walk you through it below.  In the L-Shape there is really only 4 dimensions running the whole shape.  Some dimensions are in duplicate locations like kdes and t.  Constraints are really the biggest functions.

So I was able to use the parametric functionality to set the dimensions for each portion.  You said you looked at L-Shape.  So I'll go through that.  The first 3 columns in the table are attributes to define the shape you're looking for in the dropdown.  (Example: "L4x" "4x" 1/4) As I said all the dimensions are in the aisc database which I'll attach.  The thickness is just that the thickness, of the steel.  properties "d" & "b" & "t" are leg lengths and the thickness. kdes is the "Design distance from outer face of flange to web toe of fillet".  (Don't really need the kdet since that is for detailing.  I work with engineers who are more interested in the actual distance.)  The outside curve I deduced that Leg Radius was 1/2 the kdes measurement. 

So I set up the parameteric measurements first along with all the constraints, parallel, perpendicular, tangents for the radii, and so on.  Then I inserted the table.  It's possible to copy from excel into the table. So I sorted appropriately in Excel first and pasted all the information into the table.  From there I had to test them out to make sure they were working properly.  There is other functionality in the L-Shape such as the align and flip functions.  I also put them on the 0 layer so that when put into the drawing they will take the properties of the layer that they are put on.

We don't use hatches so I haven't tried it.

Message 152 of 266
bwhisenhunt

Thank you for sharing these!  I appreciate your walking us through the process.  I do not do structural work but this was very informative in understanding more of how that side functions.   

Message 153 of 266
Anonymous

I also made a Title Block that uses fields that reads the Drawing properties, for Customer Name, Project Name, Address information, Issued For,  Specific Date (not date printed). So you enter it once and it changes in every layout.  It also reads the Layout Tab name so you copy the layout tab, change the name of the tab, REGEN and it updates it.  We were copy w/ basepoint and paste for each title block.  One engineer like it, the other doesn't.  Engineering is enough on its own without having to learn all the new tips and tricks of AutoCAD.

Message 154 of 266
Anonymous

Not a problem.  Same functionality build could be put into any type block really.  The 2 attached here are for 8" CMU and 6" cold formed metal framing but could be built with the functionality to change the sizes.  Just haven't gotten to it yet.

Message 155 of 266
timothy_crouse

Here is a Wire Basket Tray Block Set commonly used in Telcom and Network drawing packages.

Hope folks find these useful.

Best Regards

-Tim C.

Message 156 of 266
timothy_crouse

Soooooo Here is an odd question:

I do not understand what the intent of the CMU array is.  When would da CMU End View arrangement be used?

I could see the functional use for the block if the array was the side view.

Thanks

Tim

Message 157 of 266

Here is a detail with many dynamic capabilities:

-Floor Pedestal

-Cabinet VED On / OFF

-Steel Truss Profile

-Wire Basket Tray -SV

Many of the blocks use wipeouts to provide for easy reuse.

Hope a few designers find this useful

Best Regards

-Tim C. 

Message 158 of 266
Anonymous
in reply to: timothy_crouse

Section or Detail views. We use Revit mostly for Plan View, and Elevations. But our detailing is in CAD. So as the CMU goes up the wall we can simply drag it up, rather than copy w/ basepoint over and over again.
Message 159 of 266

Here is a Raised Access Floor Tile used to create unique row types, useful for:

-36 IN Hot Aisles

-24 IN Perforated Tiles

-24 IN Adj Volume Perforated Tiles

-Custom Edge Width

New vs Old Tile Call-Outs in Room Reconfigurations

Hope Folks Find This Useful

-Tim C.

Message 160 of 266

I noticed there were a lot of block editor duplicate stacked objects in the original blocks.

I reworked and consolidated the blocks to make them work better and minimize the blocks required to complete a finished space.

Hope folks find these useful

Best Regards

-Tim C.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report