Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Blocks Showcase: Share Your Favorite Dynamic Blocks

265 REPLIES 265
Message 1 of 266
Victoria.Studley
86455 Views, 265 Replies

Dynamic Blocks Showcase: Share Your Favorite Dynamic Blocks

Dynamic Blocks Showcase: share your favorite dynamic blocks and show us how you made them!

As a follow up to our latest dynamic blocks webinar, we'll post our favorite dynamic blocks here with Screencasts to illustrate how we created them.

Please join the conversation: share your own blocks or get some inspiration from your fellow community members. Let us know how you save time in your designs by using dynamic blocks!

If you're interested in watching our Dynamic Blocks webinars, or signing up for future AutoCAD webinars, check out these links:

Victoria Studley
Principal Experience Designer - Fusion
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
265 REPLIES 265
Message 241 of 266
buckeyefever2
in reply to: dissonant77

I apologize for the late response. I can take a further look into this when I can find some time. I did have another request for light switches but have not made a one similar to the receptacle block. I switched companies and workload and now using Revit heavily I took a hiatus from dynamic block building. When I get a chance I can dive back into this and possibly share more of my library.

Message 242 of 266

That's good work.

-m@
Message 243 of 266

Just a little scalebar block I made recently from my company's scalebar.

You can stick it on an A0 to A4 drawing and change the page size and it will reflect the correct size (after a regen)

It's got most scales, apart from 1:4, 1:8, 1:16 because it was just too awkward without constraints (work only has LT2016) to change the width of the bars to make them correct distances.

You can also change the scale and when you do a regen it will show the correct information.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 244 of 266
chriswade
in reply to: h_s_walker

Nice, here is my version of one.

This has to be placed in Modelspace and then whatever viewport it shows in it will automatically adjust in size and the scale values will change. Although, mine does not show the page size.

Message 245 of 266

Hey all,   I havent shared in a while.  

I have been working on adding Tectus style hinges to my cabinetry drawings for a while, and always run into a situation where we have to show a door open at a weird angle with the correct geometry for where the leaf moves to.  The manufacturer provides some opening drawings, but never really gets us to the angle we need.

These hinges have quite a few pivot points so it was always tough to figure out.  

Also Ive also had mixed success with figuring out how parametric tools work in vanilla autocad.

WELL ANYWAYS,  here's my first attempt at a dynamic block for a Tectus A540 A8 in plan view.  

If anyone has input on how I can improve this, I am all ears.

Message 246 of 266

Here is a door block I have been working on.

Tags (2)
Message 247 of 266

EDIT: I have made further progress, but the bends do not scale up.

I am trying to make an elbow for ductwork and I have made some progress.

The yellowish items are bends in the elbow.

The red items are insulation and they always need to be 2" from the edge of the elbow on either side.

If I select 90 degrees first, it causes an issue as shown on the left.

I also need to be able to scale up and down the size of the elbow.

Message 248 of 266
cloweRE8TC
in reply to: chriswade

This is my version of a scale bar.

Message 249 of 266
dissonant77
in reply to: buckeyefever2

Thanks for the reply!  I would be very interested in looking at your electrical library.  I know there isn't much consensus out there on a lot of symbology.  I do end up building most of my blocks (but they aren't dynamic), as I'm not happy with the electrical blocks that I do find.  Don't worry about fixing the receptacle dynamic block or making a switch dynamic block for my sake, especially if you're swamped and mostly using Revit now.  But do please share whatever you already have built as part of your electrical library and I'll gladly take a look!

Message 250 of 266

Look in this thread for electrical blocks.  I know there a more than a few in here.

I know I have personally posted a library titled "Plan View Blocks - E Equipment"

Best Regards

-Tim C.

Message 251 of 266

I should sort mine out and post them as well, I've also got hydraulic blocks.

Message 252 of 266
timothy_crouse
in reply to: cloweRE8TC

If anyone on this thread has HVAC Duct or Pipe Blocks those would be a welcome addition as well.

Best Regards

-Tim C.

Message 253 of 266
hencoop
in reply to: timothy_crouse

@timothy_crouse I figured out many years ago that the number of blocks required for all the piping I am likely to need is astronomical given the variety of views, types (FLG, MJ, PE, GRV), and layers I would need.  I decided to draw each of them anew wherever they are required but doing that manually would be no improvement at all.  So, I wrote a program in autolisp that does everything for me, parametrically.  Each pipe or fitting drawn is on layers I specify differentiated by Discipline, linetype, Major group, and color (Discipline and Major groups are per CLG) and added to a unique AutoCAD Group which allows each fitting or pipe to be selected as a unit (when group lock is on).  No block table or library to look in, no blocks to make to populate them, no blocks as yet not created.  It has been a great time saver for me over the past three decades.  This is what the main dialog looks like:

ParaPIPE.jpg

AutoCAD User since 1989. Civil Engineering Professional since 1983
Product Ver.: 13.6.1781.0 Civil 3D 2024.3 Update
Built On:        U.152.0.0 AutoCAD 2024.1.2
                        27.0.37.14 Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2024.0.1
                        8.6.52.0 AutoCAD Architecture 2024
Message 254 of 266

Hi Tim, 

Yes I did see that one and the others you uploaded.  I did go thru the entire thread, downloaded and tried out most of the electrical blocks, though I haven't ended up using many in my designs thus far for one reason or another.

Message 255 of 266
tanbqtb03
in reply to: hencoop

Please sharing your tool, thanks

Message 256 of 266
hencoop
in reply to: tanbqtb03

@tanbqtb03 I am not here to promote a commercial product.  My post was to suggest a best method to the solve the problem.  I began my (this) solution in 1990 after attending my very first class on AutoCAD which was company mandated and funded.  I was an experienced Intergraph user but had not used AutoCAD.  Intergraph is/was the server based program which is the predecessor and motivation for the Bentley brothers creating MicroStation.  My AutoCAD instructor became frustrated with my incessant questions that began "How do you..." asking how I could accomplish something in AutoCAD that Intergraph could do.  He finally suggested that I learn Autolisp and recommended the book "Inside AutoLisp for rel. 10" published by New Riders Publications.  He said "You can do just about anything you want to do in AutoCAD using Autolisp".  In that book there is a tutorial for creating 90° bends parametrically.  After getting started programming in Autolisp I purchased Basis Software's Visual Lisp (which Autodesk eventually purchased and included with AutoCAD as VLIDE).  My tool is the book's  tutorial expanded to include the other fittings and a dialog interface, the main dialog appearance is the image I posted.  I made this ParaPIPE for my own use and I made it available online for purchase... I can't remember the last time I sold a license to it.  That's not my focus and I've have never done any marketing for it.  If you are interested, you can find it on  my site: http://www.paracadd.com 

AutoCAD User since 1989. Civil Engineering Professional since 1983
Product Ver.: 13.6.1781.0 Civil 3D 2024.3 Update
Built On:        U.152.0.0 AutoCAD 2024.1.2
                        27.0.37.14 Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2024.0.1
                        8.6.52.0 AutoCAD Architecture 2024
Message 257 of 266

Here are a few map objects I use to create vicinity maps.

Hope folks find these useful

-Tim C.

Tags (1)
Message 258 of 266

My dynamic blocks for aluminium window and door,  both 3D

Message 259 of 266

My dynamic blocks for aluminium window and door both 3D

Message 260 of 266

I've updated my scale block. It now has all metric scales listed in the standard scale list. It also gives the distance for the subdivisions as well

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report