Dynamic block with attribute text

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Boopathy_Karthikeyan
2248 Views, 7 Replies

Dynamic block with attribute text

Hi,

I am trying to understand about the Dynamic Block, i have attached here on sample file witch i have workedout.

Here i have a table contain with attribute text, We generally don't use this table in block now i am trying to make it block because of consistence output.

This table rows are increase depending on the magazine number, so i tried this with visibility command to increase the row but this attribute text are not responding properly. 

Issue:

If i change the visibility variable the rows are changing but not attribute text.

Also i am trying to make this in array commend witch i dont no much knowledge.

Requirement:

Magazine pocket no need to be customized, when i have enter the number of pocket it as to create the table and also the attribute text.

Example: IF the Number of Pocket is 20 its as to create 20 row with attribute text.  

Best Regards..
Boopathy K
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Before you get too far with this there is a problem, Attributes in a block can be created all having the same "TAG" value, but Autocad cannot work when attributes contain duplicate TAG's and will give you nothing but problems. So I would suggest rethink the design intent first.

Message 3 of 8

Hi,

Now this issue is solved.

can you suggest me is this possible to do in dynamic array?

Because pocket no is not fixed, any time it can be change so if its possible i can enter the pocket no.

Best Regards..
Boopathy K
Message 4 of 8

hi!

you can't array attributes because they need unique name (tag)

you can array table and attributes add with visibility

Message 5 of 8

Why are you creating a block of a table anyway?

Why don't you just insert a table every time you need one?

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 6 of 8

Yes, 

Now i am doing same thing, i inserting the row every time, but my thought is if i go for dynamic array it will be much easy.

Also i have plan to implement the same thing in some stranded drawing also unfortunately not possible. 

Best Regards..
Boopathy K
Message 7 of 8

When you insert a table you can tell it how many data rows to create.

I would create more data rows than you need. It's a lot easier to delete rows from a table.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 8 of 8

-----When you insert a table you can tell it how many data rows to create.------

I surprise, just now i google it! today i learned the new command (Multiple). I usually wright the macro in CUI for similar activity i planed same for this too.

In some cases i need to increase the table width for particular line item, this i will again challenge for me....!   

Thank you hwalker!!!

Best Regards..
Boopathy K

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost