Did you mean: 

Dynamic Block Poisition Point Move + Polar Stretch Actions

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
601569 Views, 4 Replies

Dynamic Block Poisition Point Move + Polar Stretch Actions

I'm sure this is an easy fix but I just can't wrap my head around it. I'm trying to get a "Point (Position1)" to affect my "Polar Stretch" and I can't get it to work. I can get the polar stretch to move my position1 point around no problem.

The reason I want my Position1 move action to run the polar stretch action is I'm trying to create a LISP routine that will have me select two points, then insert the block at point one and move the "position1 x" and "position1 y" to point two.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Libbya
in reply to: Anonymous

The reason your point move was not doing anything is that for the selection set of the move action you only selected the polar grip.  Instead you need to select the parameter and can leave the grip alone.  Regardless, a move action is probably not what you are wanting to use.  A move action will move the entire polar parameter (both ends) and with the polar stretch action associated with both ends of the polar paraemter, the end result will be moving the leader/callout without changing the angle of the leader.  Instead, you probably want a point stretch with the stretch window around only one end of the polar parameter.  For selection set, choose only the polar parameter.  You will also need to remove the point parameter from the selection set of the polar stretch or the point grip will get moved by you and then moved by the polar stretch resulting in 2X the movement.  I also deleted your polar parameter and replaced it with one with the base point at the arrowhead and the end point at the circle and turned it to 1 grip (the one at the circle).  Then the point grip/action was moved to the arrow point.  See attached for the properly working action.  

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Libbya

Thank you for the help!!! That's what I needed!!
Message 4 of 5
sunyaer
in reply to: Anonymous

This is very useful.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Libbya

Hello. I am trying to use this thread to create my weld leader dynamic block, but I can not figure out how to select the arrow point and move it to wherever I want as shown in the sample Libbya have given. I am trying to put a grip action on the arrow point from a scratch. Any help is appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta