Did you mean: 

Dynamic Block - Linear Stretch + Array + Double Lookup

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jsf025
640 Views, 2 Replies

Dynamic Block - Linear Stretch + Array + Double Lookup

Greetings,

I am trying to create a 5" square that will stretch to 10" with a linear grip and then convert to 2x5" squares with a .125 gap at 10.125. I would then like this action to be repeated for at least 6 times or into infinite.

Attached is a block of my efforts.

Try1 - was a total failure mostly because I didn't use a double look up.

Try2 - 2 problems.

1. Once I stretch to 10.125 and activate visibility state (2) I can't contract back to 5" and revert it to visibility state (1).
 2. I don't know how to continue the stretch on one linear grip. It seems I would have to make either a new stretch every 10.125 or an array with a ton of visibility states (one for each 2x 5" + .125 gap)?

Any help would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Libbya
in reply to: jsf025

The two lookup tables of a double lookup work together to do their magic.  One of the tables is what I call and Input table and determines which row and consequently which 'lookup property' the lookup is switched to.  The other table is what I call the Output table.  It switches the parameters in its table to the values listed for the row that the Input table switched to.  Your Input table has only two values on it for Distance1: 5, and 10.125.  Because of that, the double lookup will only activate when Distance1 is equal to 5 or 10.125.  If you want it to switch states and exist in those different states over a range of values, then you need to use range values.  Range values consist of a starting parenthesis or bracket, followed by a value, followed by a comma, followed by a value, followed by an ending parenthesis or bracket.  The two values separated by the comma should be in ascending order from left to right.  The range value will include all values between the two values that are separated by the comma.  If a parenthesis is used then the value next to it will not be included in the range value.  If a bracket is used, then the range value will include the value next to it.  If a parenthesis is used, then the value next to it can be left blank before the comma.  A blank value on one side of the comma indicates all values to that direction of the other value.  In other words, (,15] = all values below 15 and including 15.  (15,20] = all values from 15 to 20 not including 15 and including 20.  Etc...  Autodesk Help describes the various formats for lookup table values but be aware that some of the information on that help page is markedly incorrect.       

Screencast will be displayed here after you click Post.

c6f607b6-f9b0-4132-b2c8-fc111cf0b7b6

Message 3 of 3
Libbya
in reply to: Libbya

Screencast didn't post...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report