Dynamic Block: Double Leaf Door - Swing Issue

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
äcäp
3815 Views, 8 Replies

Dynamic Block: Double Leaf Door - Swing Issue

Hi and greeting all,

This is my first post in this community. Hope I can get best support and solution for my query. 

I had been trying to do my version / preference of a new dynamic block Double Leaf Door, which it properties can be changed either manually or via Properties Table.  I create the block by referring to one of dynamic block door, posted by one of the contributor in this community. After an experiment to another experiment, this is what I get, (refer to the cad dwg I attached - DW_Door02v1-1.dwg).

I managed to do my dynamic block but there is a problem with the Right Leaf which will become skewed and the opening arch will be detached from the leaf. I could not think any other solution to fix this and quite confused with all the parameters and action within the block. What did I missed?

Could you please advise me the solution to correct this?

Many thanks in advance for the advise, knowledge and your support.

Cheers!

Acap
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Libbya
in reply to: äcäp

Add the right stretch action to the right rotate action's selection set.  See screencast:  

Message 3 of 9
äcäp
in reply to: Libbya

Aah! That's it!

Missed an action in the selection will ruin the entire block function and give me a headache many weeks. Smiley Frustrated

You are the savior sir! Or should I call you ma'am? Thank you for answering my query and solving my dynamic block problem.

Now I can proceed with my next step to fine tune the block to final and share it with my colleagues at my work place.

Thank You again!

Acap

Message 4 of 9
timothy_crouse

Hello

I posted a dynamic door block in the thread link provided.  It may help you out.  I mirror it when I need a double door.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-forum/tim-s-tip-using-rays-and-model-space-viewports-tracing-...

Best Regards

Tim C.

Message 5 of 9
äcäp
in reply to: timothy_crouse

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your concern and help. Nice tips and dynamic door block you did there. Hopefully will give anyone a help out too.

I've finalize my preferable version of dynamic door blocks and thought that I would like to share it with everyone who need it. With some help from friends in Autodesk Community, I managed to do two types of blocks which is Single Leaf Door and Double Leaf Door.

For me, in my working environment, it is important to have two types of door block as this will speed the work process and save time when it come to situation when you need replace a door blocks with another block (i.e. replace Single Leaf to Double vice versa) without doing double work to replace each related blocks. Please correct me if i'm wrong at this. Smiley Embarassed

Feel free to download and use the blocks.

Thanks and Cheers!

Acap

Message 6 of 9
timothy_crouse

Hello

Maybe someone else has different information but I do not think dynamic blocks can be replaced using the block replace express tool.  The utility works with non-dynamic blocks but not dynamic blocks.

Again, it has been a while since I had to do the block replace so it may work now.

-Tim C.

Message 7 of 9
äcäp

Hi and greeting all,

Sorry for bringing out back this topic. I realised that my block still need some improvement.

It is all went well when changing the door state from the Visibility option for both Single and Double leaf door block. Door Open and Door Close option was perfectly play it's role. But when it comes to Glass Door option, I realised that the door opening did not follow the size from the list.

What I was thinking, by using the existing Door Leaf, can I just apply the Move action to move the door leaf by 30mm to the left towards the edge of the door jamb and Stretch the the other side of the door leaf together with the rotation line to the edge of right door jamb? (e.g. for Single Leaf Door) So that the glass door leaf width will follow the size of the door width from the Visibility option list (i.e. Door Width, by right).

Anyone willing to teach me how to apply the Move and Stretch action upon selecting the Glass Door from the Visibility option?

I really found it very hard and quite confusing to messing around with the existing parameters and action in the blocks.

Same goes to the Double Leaf Door. 

Cheers!

Acap

Message 8 of 9
äcäp

DoorSkew.JPG

Hi and greeting all,

This lousy topic again.. Man Embarassed Hope I can get best support and solution for my query (hopefully last for this block issue)

With the help form some experts here in the network recently, I managed to fix my Single Leaf Door dynamic block to act the way as I want (refer block: DW_Door01v1-1.dwg) But when it came to Double Leaf Door block (refer block: DW_Door02v1-2.dwg), I'm facing the same problem similar like my first post in this topic. When I stretched the door width and rotate the leaf angle, the Right Door Leaf will become skewed again (see attached image). The Left Door Leaf are working fine. I tried adding the right stretch action to the right rotate action's selection set, as per advised by @Libbya and this time it did not work. What did I missed?

Could anyone please advise me the solution to correct this?

Cheers!

Acap

Tags (2)
Message 9 of 9
timothy_crouse

I ran into this previously and my work around was to use a set work flow

I had the door at 90 deg when I set the length,  from there I rotated it to the desired angle.

If I ever wanted to change the door length I had to reset the door to 90 deg (r-click  the block  >> reset )  then set the swing angle.

Like you, I have not had any luck stretching the door from a rotated position.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost