Did you mean: 

Dimension Size in Scaled Block

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
brendon
352 Views, 4 Replies

Dimension Size in Scaled Block

Hi All,

After spending far too long googling this problem, I will post it here, I am sure its just a tick box somewhere that I can't find.

I have a structure with a 30m boom setup as a block.

I would like to be able to scale the block, keeping the dimension text, arrows etc looking the same so it is still readable on my screen.

I have attached a file.

Thank you,

Brendon.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
MMcCall402
in reply to: brendon

I'm not sure I understand the usage of this block but I would expect something like this to be used at its full scale with the printed size of it controlled thru a viewport scale.  The dimensions could then be set to annotative with a selection of available scales.

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Message 3 of 5
brendon
in reply to: MMcCall402

I will embarrassingly admit that I scale object in the model space.

Thus when they get to big to fit on my A4 sheet I just scale them down until they fit.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: brendon

Going on what was said above, I would recommend that you not include your dimensions in the block.  I do not believe this is useful for your application.  You should draw your crane at full scale in model space.  Set your layout to an A4 sheet.  Then utilize the viewport scale in the bottom right of the screen.  I did my drawings the way you are because someone taught me to do it that way.  I then took a few courses through Autodesk and started using paper space.  I recommend the AutoCAD:  Beyond the Basics Courses.  I don't know if this helps you but I once had the same problems you are having.

Take Care,Capture.PNG

Message 5 of 5
brendon
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks,

I will take a look at the video when I get a spare moment.

I also believe that in due course I do have to migrate across to using paperspace properly, I just have to take the plunge at some point in time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta