Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create an MLine for me?

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
731 Views, 11 Replies

Create an MLine for me?

I run AutoCAD LT, and therefore don't have access to MLStyle.  Would someone be nice enough to create an Mline from the attached drawing for me?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
h_s_walker
in reply to: Anonymous

It doesn't matter if someone does create an mline from the drawing you've supplied. LT cannot do mlines.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: h_s_walker

But a Block built of MLines, can be used in LT.

I appreciate the input. 

Thanks, 

Message 4 of 12
h_s_walker

Why not just create the block yourself? If you want to stretch all those lines at once a linear stretch will do.

Howard Walker
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: h_s_walker

I'm at the office, and only have AutoCAD LT.  Was hoping to create this today, as opposed to waiting until the weekend when I have access to AutoCAD.

The block I'm building, is a Trapezoid window, that allows me to adjust the angle to of the Top edge, and still keep the proper corner offsets.  Similar to the attached block, but this one is limited to the angle at which it is built.

I have a very good grasp of Dynamic blocks, but am stuck with the limitations of LT. 

So, as it stands, I'm just going to wait till later to do it myself.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

I was able to get a few minutes of time to build the picture frame window, and add in the MLine.  In that time, I found out that MLine doesn't do Arcs.  So, that somewhat defeats the purpose of what I was doing.  However, the Trapezoid window worked out well.  Except for an odd reaction.  The dymi9c grip points don't seem to stay with the MLine when it's Stretched.  

Attached is the Picture frame.  Any chance someone could take a look and maybe explain why the odd reaction?

Thanks,

Message 7 of 12
j.palmeL29YX

Attached an example (block "test-window") using parametric constraints and dimensions. 

I did not (can not) test if it works in ACAD LT too. Give it a try. 

If my reply solves your problem, click the "accept as solution" button. This can help others find solutions faster

Jürgen Palme

EESignature

Message 8 of 12
j.palmeL29YX

@Anonymous wrote:

...  MLine doesn't do Arcs.  So, that somewhat defeats the purpose of what I was doing.  

What do you want to do (or to get)? Let us see what you want to achieve with arcs.

Jürgen Palme

EESignature

Message 9 of 12
j.palmeL29YX
in reply to: j.palmeL29YX

@j.palmeL29YX wrote:

Attached an example (block "test-window") ...

Here added a second variant (because you asked in post #5 for "that allows me to adjust the angle to of the Top edge"): 

The block "test-window" (above) can be modified by changing the length of Left Leg and Right Leg independently of each other. 

In the here new added block "test-window_1" you can change the length of Left Leg and the angle of the upper beam. 
I hope one of the both variants will fulfill your whishes.

Jürgen Palme

EESignature

Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

That works out nearly perfect.  Thank you.  I have toyed with Constraints, but I haven't had the time to dedicate to fully exploring them,

The ultimate goal, with this, was to build an Arch Top window, where I could adjust the width, height, and curve of the top.  But, stretching and arch, has it's Quirks.  

If it's impossible, I understand, and this thread can be closed up, as j.palmeL29YX gave me a great response.

Message 11 of 12
j.palmeL29YX

@Anonymous wrote:

The ultimate goal, with this, was to build an Arch Top window, where I could adjust the width, height, and curve of the top.    

If it's impossible, ...

It is possible (see attached a first test block "test-window_2"), but I'm not sure, which values you (the user) may change and what then should happen. 

Jürgen Palme

EESignature

Message 12 of 12
Anonymous

That's actually perfect!
So, now I need to spend some time working with constraints, so I can apply this to additional windows (Single Hung, Double Hung, aluminum, vinly), and doors.

Sincerely, thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report