Did you mean: 

CONSTRAINED OFFSET LINES

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
fscottFG83A
349 Views, 4 Replies

CONSTRAINED OFFSET LINES

I have a dynamic block that I want each of the intersecting points (in dark blue) to strech but keep the same perpendicular offset distance to the other lines the same (in light blue).  These are basic property lots with easements.  I may have over constrained it but when I move one side other lines that are not connected move. 

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
j.palmeL29YX
in reply to: fscottFG83A

Please show us an example (or two or three 😉 ) how the block should look after stretching. 

Which "dimensions" of the block do you want to be "editable" by the user, which dimensions are fixed? 

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
fscottFG83A
in reply to: j.palmeL29YX

I have a block that works if the property is 90 degrees but I would like one that works no matter what the property shape is and that of the adjacent properties. The side offsets are 6' and the rear lines are offset 10' perpendicular. I would align the front to a base line so that one just has a linear stretch on it. The others would need to snap to any angle of property lines.

Message 4 of 5
j.palmeL29YX
in reply to: fscottFG83A

Test the attached attempt. 

A small blemish: Sometimes it can happen that the grip can only be moved orthogonally. Then you have to pick it a second time - now it should be possible to pull it in any direction. 

>>Demo<< 

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
fscottFG83A
in reply to: j.palmeL29YX

Thanks that looks good. I noticed the blemish but it is not something that breaks. I appreciate you taking time to fix this up.  I appreciate your use of the linear stretches and I will try and use those if I get in a situation like this again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta