Did you mean: 

Dynamic Reinforcing Block

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
LBBusby
517 Views, 6 Replies

Dynamic Reinforcing Block

I am creating dynamic reinforcing blocks with stretch parameters to allow adjustment of length.  I'd like to be able to display the total length of the bar in the properties pallet.  Is this possible

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
cadffm
in reply to: LBBusby

You can add a parameter (if not there), parameters can show up in properties palette.

Another way is to use a field code i a attribute.

Good for some export tools, but editable by users.

Share your block and draw a colored line to show the length you are talking about.

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
LBBusby
in reply to: cadffm

I want to be able sum all the legs and display a single length in the properties menu.  The length needs to be dependent on how far the legs are stretched at any given time. I've attached the block.  Thanks in advance for your help.  I've hit a dead end trying to figure this out.

Message 4 of 7
cadffm

Thanks.

But I have to admit that the structure of your block makes a bad impression on me at first,
so I only showed two simple field examples first.

Bad structure / impression: Don't get me wrong -
I'm assuming I don't know the background
which led to this block structure. If I knew all the reasons, it probably makes sense (as it does for you) and I would understand it better.

Everything is available in multiples in the block, which is actually not the purpose of a dynamic block.

Length: About FIELDS
I once picked the length from the colored polyline for 10M,
in the other I added the parameters in a formula field (and subtracted a little more)

As basis for discussion, file attached

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
vinodkl

Hello @LBBusby 

Are you looking for something like this? See attachment.

Note: you need to REGEN to get the total length to be updated 🙂

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ವಿನೋದ್ ಕೆ ಎಲ್( System Design Engineer)

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" if my reply resolves the issue or answers your question, to help others in the community.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 6 of 7
LBBusby
in reply to: vinodkl

Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

Message 7 of 7
LBBusby
in reply to: cadffm

Thanks for the feed back.   I'm keeping that blocks as simple as possible with different diameters of the same bar bend within the block.  These work perfect for what we need.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report