Did you mean: 

Change block size by linear dimension or fix dimension line to blcok

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
spufut
316 Views, 4 Replies

Change block size by linear dimension or fix dimension line to blcok

Hello! I am new to Dynamic Blocks so this could sounds like a noob question. 

I created this block(see picture) and I want to lock dimensions to it. Is there a way to constrain the dimension line to the block so after i change block parameters, the dim line changes it's value to the new one?

Or could i change the block parameters by dim line?

Thank you! 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
hwalker
in reply to: spufut

Add the dimension to the stretch parameter and when you change the parameter the dimension will change

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 5
j.palmeL29YX

A dimension can not drive the block parameter. 

But :

>>Video<<

Jürgen Palme
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
spufut
in reply to: j.palmeL29YX

Hi! Thank you so much for the video. I think i do something wrong.

First, I choose the "Linear Parameters" (first picture). Secondly, from Annotate panel -> Dimension. (Second picture). After that, from "Actions" --> Stretch.(3rd pic) Is this the right way? Because after i did this, i can t stretch the rectangle. Did you use any other constraints? Or could you upload the model if you didn t delet it?:))

Thank you and sorry for wasting your time.

Message 5 of 5
j.palmeL29YX

I see you have added some geometrical costraints (perpendicular).
So I'm afraid, you may also have added dimensional constraint(s). In my video d1. (Because you can disable the visibility of such dimensional constraints I'm not sure if you did. Posting your dwg file would avoid a lot of questions)
If you now add a linear parameter and try to stretch the geometry, that will not work, becase d1 fixes the dimension of the geometry.

A first solution:
Delete all constraints, then it will work as expected.

>>Video_complete<<        [EDIT]: incomplete video substituted by new version.

A second possibility: If you urgently want or need (I would not know why you should) , you can drive the geometry using constraints. Only using constraints (geometric and dimensional), not mixed with dynamic parameters and actions. If so let me know, I will show you how to do that.

Jürgen Palme

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta