Did you mean: 

Chain two Linear Stretch. Stretch one at half distance

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
ndawsonmccann
5134 Views, 8 Replies

Chain two Linear Stretch. Stretch one at half distance

Hi, I'm working on a dynamic block that is simply a rectangle with a piece of text in the middle. I want to be able to stretch the rectangle vertically and keep the text in the middle of the block as a stretch upwards. Is this possible? I can have them both stretch at the same time but I'm not sure if I can get the text to stretch at half the rate of the rectangle. 

I want to keep the text centered if possible. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks, Nick

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
MMcCall402
in reply to: ndawsonmccann

Add a move action to the linear parameter the operates the stretch action. In the properties of the move action there is a distance multiplier, set to to 0.5. This will make the move action operate at half the rate of the linear parameter.

Also note, move actions don't have to move in the same direction as the linear parameter. There is also a direction property for the move action.

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Message 3 of 9
Libbya

Yes, it is possible/easy to do.  Use only one parameter (not chained).  Add the stretch action for the rectangle only.  Add a move action to the same parameter and add the text to the move action's selection set.  Change the distance multiplier for the move action to 0.5.  You can change the distance multiplier either while adding the action, or afterward by selecting it and going to Properties.  Here's a screencast.

Message 4 of 9
ndawsonmccann
in reply to: Libbya

Awesome! Thanks to both of you!

Message 5 of 9
javierVA2YW

Years later and you had the answer I was looking for. Thank you very much.

Message 6 of 9
cloweRE8TC

I use the attached block to do this, when the text goes off centre a simple attribute sync sets it all back in the centre.

Message 7 of 9
Libbya
in reply to: cloweRE8TC

It seems weird to post a more complicated method that is harder to create and doesn't function as well, after a better, simpler, and more functional method has already been posted.  

Message 8 of 9
cloweRE8TC

I'll simplify mine at some point, but it's a block I've hanging around for a while.

Message 9 of 9
cloweRE8TC

Realised why I did so complex, I can't get your solution to work with an Attribute.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta