Can´t save and use dynamic block with block table

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
334 Views, 3 Replies

Can´t save and use dynamic block with block table

Hello!
I have a problem with blocks.

I use Autocad 2017 and want to create a block with options from a dropdown-menu ("block table").

There is no problem to create the block and test it, it change the attribute (text) and all stuffs like visibility states and so on.

But when I have saved the block ("Save block As") and then insert the block in another drawing, the dropdown does not work.

And even when I try to open and edit the block in seperate window the block table is there but cant open and change it and the attribute (text) is gone...

I´m sorry for bad spelling, i´m from sweden 🙂

Attached a image when I test the block and the saved test.dwg file

notice: When I used Autocad 2017 LT last year there was no problem at all, have alot of blocks that works. But my workplace updated the software 😞

/Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
steven-g
in reply to: Anonymous

What are the details of the attribute you are trying to use, your broken block and the image don't give any information on that

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: steven-g

Hey! 

I´ve uploaded some new images... and a old "block" created with Autocad2017LT in 2016, that still works.

I want to create new blocks with new text and symbols, but now I have Autocad2017.

Now I tested to "Save Block As" with the old symbol that worked, but the recently saved block won´t work, a yellow " ! " will popup at the block table.

notice: the .dwg has som swedish letters in the text, hope it works for you to test.

/thanks 

Message 4 of 4
steven-g
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm using 2018 and with just an attribute using the same details as in your image, it works without issue. Can you open this block OK?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report