Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically incrementing numbers within Attribute definition to a dynamic block

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
CAME7
163 Views, 4 Replies

Automatically incrementing numbers within Attribute definition to a dynamic block

I have a dynamic block made for a PV Panel that allows me to stretch and modify its size based on the manufacturer's dimensions.

In addition, I have set up an attribute definition that allows me to input a number to assign to each panel in numeric order (1, 2, 3, 4 etc) but currently, I have to do this for each panel manually.

Can something be assigned to the attribute definition to automate this?

I have attached the block in question.

Many Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
hwalker
in reply to: CAME7

@CAME7 A block properties table will do what you ask. See the attached drawing

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 5
CAME7
in reply to: hwalker

Thanks for the speedy response

Ah! Didn't think of using a visibility block to do this

However, the number required could one day be 50 panels and the next be 250 - is there, not a way for it to automatically populate instead of creating each number within the visibility properties

Message 4 of 5
hwalker
in reply to: CAME7

If you put the numbers into an excel file you can then copy the data and paste it straight into the block properties table.

In fact you could split it into groups of 10 using excel. See the image below

Unfortunately I don't have full AutoCad so cannot sort the table. You need to have a user defined column as the first column and I would probably call it number range. Then just paste the data from the excel file into the block properties table. See the image below for an example of the data

hwalker_0-1719587156629.png

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 5 of 5
CAME7
in reply to: hwalker

Brilliant, thanks for your help Howard!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost