Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attribute definition based on formula with variables taken from parameters & Excel

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
matt6S5EC
115 Views, 0 Replies

Attribute definition based on formula with variables taken from parameters & Excel

I'm working on a block that will be used for labeling electrical equipment and there's values in those labels that I would like to populate by attributes that use values defined by a formula. The formula is very simple, A*B*C, Both A, and B are simple user defined parameters, and C is a value from another attribute that references a number in an Excel file. 

I've been trying to start with a simple test, just getting the field to work with multiplying the two user defined variables, and not worrying about anything from Excel just yet. I'm entering the field as a formula, "user-defined variable A" * "user-defined variable B". Though when I go to test it the only thing I get is it showing as a typical attribute that gets defined like any other. I can set the user variable in the block editor, and when I test it outside the editor it will correctly evaluate the formula when the block is inserted but once in model space it's as though I converted the field to text and won't work correctly after that.

Haven't been able to come up with much through searching the forums to help, any ideas?

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta