Atrribute not showing in dynamic block

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
matthew.mccormack2257W
604 Views, 14 Replies

Atrribute not showing in dynamic block

Hi all,

I have this radiator dynamic block that has several visibility states within. The one visibility state when selected is 'Electric Panel Heater' and this has an editable Attribute which should default to EH (Electric Heater) and the only option I have selected is Lockable so this says yes and the rest of the options I have as 'NO'.... however I can see the attribute when inside the block editor but when I'm not in the editor and in the drawing, double clicking on the block to edit the attribute, in the command bar cad says, ' this block no 'The selected block has no editable attributes'... but it does though! 

I've tried re-creating the attribute with different options, I've tried redefining the block, I've inserted as a new block each time after editing it...  but every time it comes back with that same message 'The selected block has no editable attributes'...  I've tried inserting the block into a new drawing (thinking the current dwg could have corrupted)  but no it still doesnt recognise there's attribute in the block...  Now its not the 1st time or 1st block I've had this issue with... but to fix it before, what I did was, hid the attribute in the visibility and unhide it again to do a refresh in that visibility and that fixed it but not this time...  I can see the blue grips of where the attribute should be but like i say its not working.

The other thing I've noticed when double clicking on the block its telling me 'The selected block has no editable attributes' which is fine/not fine but it doesnt bring up the block editor which is what would happen if there isn't any attributes in the block... catch my drift....

I've attached a dwg of the block in question... 

can anyone help or shed any light on the issue...

Many Thanks in advanced, I appreciate your time.

Matt

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

At the command line type ATTSYNC. Select your block and then choose YES

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 15

Thank you... Tried that and it hasnt worked...
Message 4 of 15

Works perfectly well in LT 2016. See the images belowCapture.JPGCapture1.JPG

Howard Walker
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 5 of 15

Thats interesting.... it works 2016 but not in 2022...

matthewmccormack2257W_0-1688561835239.png

this is what happens when I double click on the block...  and also as you can see the default 'EH' is not appearing.

Message 6 of 15

yet i can see the attribute grips when i select it...

matthewmccormack2257W_0-1688561971116.png

Message 7 of 15

works in 2016 LT no less but not it in... Full version 2022 lol!

Message 8 of 15

It should do. Have you updated to the latest patch?

In case you haven't I've attsynced your block and attached the drawing

Howard Walker

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 9 of 15

Thank you, that worked to certain extent... I downloaded and and opened your file and I could see the EH and I doubled clicked on the block and the attribute editor opened up... all great!.... 

however I re-inserted the block again just to try to see if it still works, and bingo iits gone back to not recognising the attribute again.... see below screen shot... you can see the original block from your file with the 'EH',  and above the new/same re-inserted block that doesn't work...

matthewmccormack2257W_0-1688564094345.png

matthewmccormack2257W_1-1688564147155.png

I've re-attached the dwg back to show...

Thank you for your assistance in this, I do appreciate your help... 🙂

Message 10 of 15

Change the lock position on the attribute to YES. Don't forget to ATTSYNC it again. See the image below.

Just as an aside if it is only supposed to be text there (I assume), why are you using an attribute and not just putting text in it?

hwalker_0-1688565189511.png

Howard Walker

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 11 of 15

Thank you...  I don't need it locked in position I do want to be able to rotate and move the attribute if needed...

we (as a company) like to keep the text upright and square on.. (rotation angle of '0') despite whatever the angle of the raditor itself.

also Its an attribute rather text just so I can change the text if required... some projects I work on call it an EH and other projects call it a EPH... and some projects have other names for it altogether... it just so we can edit it accordingly project specific and as individual item.

will remember to 'attsync'

Message 12 of 15

I've just 'attsync' on the block in your file... and the EH has disappeared....

matthewmccormack2257W_0-1688565844599.png

Message 13 of 15

I've noticed, the attribute disappears when the lock position is set to yes....  that doesnt seem right. it shouldn't disappear.

🙂

Message 14 of 15

ignore that... that's wrong what I just put previously..

it disappears when the lock position is set to 'no'....  which that doesnt seem right... it shouldnt disappear...

Message 15 of 15

tbh I would start from scratch as it seems to be an intermittent problem. As to keeping the text upright make the attribute annotative and tick the item ringed in the image below. Also see the attached drawing for an example of the text staying upright. Move the block by using the alignment grip to any part of the circle

hwalker_0-1688567582028.png

Howard Walker

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta