Did you mean: 

add grip points

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
14322 Views, 10 Replies

add grip points

hello everyone, I made a block out of a rectangle, but i need to move it arround from more than the based point 

Tags (1)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Libbya
in reply to: Anonymous

You can add as many point parameters with move actions as you want.  

Message 3 of 11
steven-g

Try changing the variable GRIPBLOCK=1, that shows all the standard geometry grips.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Libbya

So nice of you to reply, but when I add grip points the base of the block stays in the same place, what I want is for the whole block to move by grabbing specific grip points in the block
Like this circle; I only need to click the center to move it, but I want to add more grip points to be able to move it from other points on the circle, I want to do this without having to use the move command

Thanks!

[cid:image002.jpg@01CF68FD.01321DF0]
Thanks!
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: steven-g

Thanks for the reply,
That works great, thanks for the tip. But I also need to add extra grip points other than the standard geometry grips. and I want them to have the same "move" action.
I tried adding grips in specific places within the block, and they do move the block when I click on them, but the base point stays in the same place, and I want it to move with the object.

Thanks you for your help
Message 6 of 11
Libbya

As I said, you can add as many point parameters with move actions as you want.  Each point parameter with move action will add a grip point to the block in just the way you describe.  

Open the 'Block Authoring Palette', go to the 'paramters' tab, click on 'point' and place it anywhere in your block.  Go to the 'actions' tab and click 'move'.  Select the 'point' parameter you just added.  Right-click the 'move' action you just added and select 'action selection set' and 'new selection set'.  Select everything in the block except any other dynamic actions.

This is the absolute most basic thing to do in a dynamic block.  You may want to go to youtube and watch a couple free dynamic block tutorials.

See the attached file.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

i see you added a base point to the block to make it move with the other grips, which solves my problem... thanks so much

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

Hi,

I have a simmilar problem but more complicated... I can add a grip point with the move but my block has other actions as well and I'd like them to move toghether... for example the rotate action, when I rotate the block using the rotation parameter and the move the block with the new gripp, al the parameter grips move from their original place and all the actions are off place!

please help me with that!

(attatched the block)

Message 9 of 11
ojuris

hi

see attached

Message 10 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: ojuris

thanks! how did you do that?

Message 11 of 11
ojuris

hi!

always carefully add actions in other actions - only when you really need it

in your block you don't need add flip and move actions in rotate action - that was problem

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost