Did you mean: 

Attribute extraction formatting

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
763 Views, 2 Replies

Attribute extraction formatting

Hey guys,

further to my other thread i posted earlier (which seems like a small issue to me now lol), i have another questions in regards to extracting data from attributes.

I have conceded that the Autocad LT (2010), is possibly inadequate for what i need it to do with this extraction, but i figure i would reach out to you guys and see what i can do.

My purpose is to extra data from a chart in a drawing, and bring it up in Excel to derive more information from that.  When i use attribute extract, it gives me a TXT file, which than is imported into Excel. 

When imported into excel it is in a continuous string in Row "1".  Is there any way to make it automatically add a break which cues it to put the next "Panel Tag" onto the next line of my spreadsheet?  It seems like this should be easy to do, but i cannot find it anywhere.

Also, is there any tips or tricks for extracting data out of Autocad LT?  I bet "Data Extraction" would do exactly what i need it to do, but I don't foresee my company giving me full Autocad anytime soon.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
edwin.prakoso
in reply to: Anonymous

AFAIK you can't add a row or a break with Attribute Extraction. You can run it several times though, to create separate data from your drawing. Later, you can easily format it in Excel.

You might want to read this: How to extract block attributes in AutoCAD LT.

Cheers,
Edwin Prakoso
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: edwin.prakoso

i used that tutorial originally, and it proved helpful, but your drawing and template didn't work for me.  I made my own and it worked, go figure.

However your excel file shows separate lines, was that done manually? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta