Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading video in posts and replies

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Tarek_K
1576 Views, 0 Replies

Uploading video in posts and replies

Assisting another member with complex steps? Looking to say it with video? Cut down on the typing and use video! 

You can upload a video when you are in the process of creating a post. When you upload a video, you choose a video, give it a name, and then simply select “Upload video”.  

To upload a video while posting:  

1. Open a new message and click the video icon in your toolbar. 
    Tarek_K_0-1662662465348.png

2. Select to upload “From My Computer”: Click Browse and select a file from your computer. 
    Tarek_K_0-1662650510456.png

3.  Enter the video title. 
  4. Enter other details about the video. 
  5. Click Insert Video. 
  6. Close the video page and click Post when you're ready to post your message. 

You may also choose to upload a video that you have previously uploaded. To view and select a previously uploaded video, select ‘My Videos” and continue the same process of selecting a video to include in your post, or you can choose “ From the Web” to embed a video that is hosted on another video platform, such as YouTube.  

Tarek_K_1-1662650537592.png

FAQs about uploading videos 

Which products or services should I use to record videos to share on Autodesk Community? 

You can post videos created using your preferred video recording products to Autodesk Community. Autodesk can’t make specific recommendations and does not endorse any specific products. You will have to decide on the tool that best meets your unique use case(s).  

Popular options currently being used by Community members include Slack and Zoom (Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android), Camtasia (Windows and MacOS), Snagit (Windows and MacOS), CloudApp (Windows, macOS, iOS, and Chrome), and OBS Studio (Linux).  

In addition to these options, you’ll find other free and purchasable products in the Microsoft App Store, Mac App Store, and Chrome Web Store. 

What file formats can I upload? 

We recommend that you upload videos in H.264.  

You can also use the following commonly used file formats: Video Codecs: MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, VP6, VP5, H.264, H.263, WMV/WMA, and MJPEG; Audio Codecs: AAC, MP3, WMA, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, WAV, ADPCM 

What is the maximum file size I can upload? 

Files must be no more than 500MB. 

You found a post helpful? Then feel free to give likes to these posts!
Your question got successfully answered? Then just click on the 'Mark as solution' button. 

Tarek Khodr
Community Manager

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report