Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wheres the Text? Halo Text...

Wheres the Text? Halo Text...

Do i really need to explain this further? Who doesnt want a native "Halo Text" capability in Autocad/Civil 3D. And don;t even think about telling me that you can do it in Autocad Map or with some crazy block you came up with. Lol.

REAL Halo text..... NATIVE Halo Text....!!!

Is too much to ask? or maybe ban the use of Aerial photography in civil engineering drawings..?

halo1.jpg

halo2.jpg

halo3.jpg

halo4.jpg

halo5.jpg

29 Comments
mputnamEFUVP
Community Visitor

Is there a solution to mask the line work, for example conduits?

pcchenard
Advocate

Almost 4 years later and they still don't have this in the program along with many other suggested features.  Go figure.  They don't add ANY worth while new functionality from release to release.  Frankly I'm tired of it.  We've been giving Autodesk THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of dollars EVERY YEAR with virtually NOTHING new being added to Civil 3D.  I think it is time to look elsewhere.  I've never been a fan of Bentley software but it might be time to give it another look. 

mputnamEFUVP
Community Visitor
You are right they do not have it. What I have done in the past is place text over text and increase the thickness on the bottom text to appear like a halo.
Regards,
Elizabeth
pmascaro
Advocate

5 1/2 yeas later..... Wheres the Text? Halo Text...

Come on already!  Text masks do not present well... It's like ADSK is just looking for folks to learn alternative applications for mapping...

It should not take this long to update and improve annotation abilities in Core AutoCAD and/or Civil 3D.

You should be able to halo MText, MLeaders (including the line and arrow head), points, etc. with controls for width and color... you could even give it it's own extended properties and/or tie it to a layer to control... 

So many possibilities, and we are stuck with big white boxes...

dischc
Participant

@TimYarris many of our customers want this function.
what do you think? should be easy to develop 🙂

ceethreedee.com
Collaborator

I did request this in 2015 so its about perfect average timing when Autodesk usually responds to such requests @Anonymous .... 😛

SoaresASBCAD
Collaborator

very good

let's go autodesk

pcchenard
Advocate

Yes please, @TimYarris.

TimYarris
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

I agree: this is a great idea.

On a feature like this, "easy to develop" is just one part of it. 😁 The more difficult parts are applying it to all the different types of labels throughout all the Civil 3D object types, and then testing them all to ensure they work as expected. This is after the feature has been prioritized against the many other things our customers ask for and we are working on for the future. 

It's still on our long list of enhancements.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report