Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wheres the Text? Halo Text...

Wheres the Text? Halo Text...

Do i really need to explain this further? Who doesnt want a native "Halo Text" capability in Autocad/Civil 3D. And don;t even think about telling me that you can do it in Autocad Map or with some crazy block you came up with. Lol.

REAL Halo text..... NATIVE Halo Text....!!!

Is too much to ask? or maybe ban the use of Aerial photography in civil engineering drawings..?

halo1.jpg

halo2.jpg

halo3.jpg

halo4.jpg

halo5.jpg

29 Comments
troma
Mentor

Totally with you!

What software did are you doing this on?

ceethreedee.com
Collaborator
Qgis.
autoMick
Advisor

Good idea. I use mapinfo quite a bit - one of the main reasons is that it provides halo text options.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks great, mate (@ceethredee)!

Would really be good to have this Text tool in AutoCAD..or is this feature on in later versions, say AutoCAD Map3D 2016? I'm still with v2014.

Halo Text is like a pursuit for Text holiness.Smiley Happy

Cheers

ceethreedee.com
Collaborator

@Anonymous mate it should definately be standard in regular autocad.. I know you can do it with map labels. 

Map features should should jsut be incorporated into Civil 3d IMHO.

troma
Mentor

The only problem with this idea is that it's really for AutoCAD, not Civil 3D.

So the Civil 3D team will ignore it, and there is no IdeaStation for AutoCAD.

dgorsman
Consultant

And I don't think there's a huge demand for it from non-civil AutoCAD users.

doni49
Mentor

And while you're at it, allow the associated leaders to also have a halo effect.

ceethreedee.com
Collaborator

@doni49 if I could edit this stupid ideastation thing, that would be going in there..

Anonymous
Not applicable

YES!! YES!! YES!!  We have needed this for years!

ceethreedee.com
Collaborator

@Anonymous that's the sort of enthusiasm im talking about!

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is possible if you plot using "STB" vs "CTB". I have Civil 3D labels which have text components I call "ghost" which is a duplicate label, under the primary label. This ghost label uses color and thickness which if set to Plot Style "Color" will give you that halo effect.

troma
Mentor

@Anonymous holy macaroni you've hit on something!

Can do this with .ctb too, no problem. Only issue is maintaining two items of text on top of eachother. (Obviously that's easy in a label, but I want this to work for all text, Mtext, Mleaders too.)

ceethreedee.com
Collaborator

@Anonymous and @troma possible but a pain in the %$^@. Should be one combo box with a colour picker and a thickness setting.

Not 4 or 5 text components copied around everywhere with a different colour setting.

Plus this still leaves native autocad mtext exposed as well.

troma
Mentor

Absolutely it should be.

I'm still impressed by the ingenuity of the workaround.

JimFolkers
Participant

YES - a thousand times over! This is EXACTLY what I have been looking for in AutoCAD since 1985...

VCivil3D
Contributor

In 2019 version maybe?

pmascaro
Advocate

+1 This really needs to be added already.

I understand that it wasn't possible back in the days of simplex fonts, but we are working with TrueType fonts now. This shouldn't be that difficult to implement...

Halos should be added to all Annotation, MText, MLeaders, Points, etc. If it were up to me, there would even be a halo option for layers...

Linked is the same request, but for MLeaders if anyone would like to vote it up.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-civil-3d-ideas/mask-halos-on-mleaders/idc-p/6779917#M5081

ceethreedee.com
Collaborator

@pmascaro Love the Mleaders idea.

47 Vote ups already. Need to get it above 100 so its on the first page of most voted! Keep firing! 

I want that Halo Text!

pmascaro
Advocate

@ceethreedee.com

I've added a link to your idea on my Autodesk Ideas Yammer page to try to get some votes from my CAD colleagues within Ramboll.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report