Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pt Group Auto Update

Pt Group Auto Update

Immediately below the "Update" command on the context menue (when right-clicking the Point Group branch of toolspace), I'd like a toggle setting "Update Automatically" (see the following mock-up image).

PtGroupAutoUpdate.png

If this setting is toggled on, the pt groups would update anytime I create a new point or edit an existing one.

12 Comments
troma
Mentor

I would prefer that this setting be for each individual group.

Some groups I'd like to update automatically, others not.

Why not allow this to be updated on one of the many processors on modern computers that sit idle when using Civil 3D? Or is it really that hard to use multiple processors in this day and age? Maybe have another thread that is just a watcher to see if points are changed and then update th point groups?

joantopo
Mentor

Sincpac C3D can do that.

doni49
Mentor

I would prefer that this setting be for each individual group.

Some groups I'd like to update automatically, others not.

Maybe allow each group to override the main setting.

Status changed to: Future Consideration

Status changed to: Accepted

This is a great idea, but the timing isn’t quite right for development consideration in the near term. As such, it is being put on the back burner to be re-visited at a later date. Please continue to comment and add your support.

Regards,

Peter Funk

Sr. Product Manager

Autodesk, Inc.

jefflambert9091
Advisor

I would love to see this re-visited.

jefflambert9091
Advisor

I am getting really tired of having to update my point groups. I waste more time doing that than I ever would waiting on an automatic update to repopulate. Frustrating part is that if I did have enough points to slow me down I could turn it off! 

LucasHicks
Collaborator

I'm all for this!

jefflambert9091
Advisor

I just got a drawing from a local jurisdiction though our project Manager. All he knew is that it was a AutoCAD file. I open it and looks a little weird. There are nodes though. As I look around i realize its a C3D drawing. After looking around some more I realize the nodes are C3D points. What I found out is that.........  I had to go to POINT GROUPS and do an UPDATE. Once I did all the info popped up on the points. Shouldn't have to! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report