Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Monitor Support

Multiple Monitor Support

I would love to see multiple monitor support implemented so that different viewports can be displayed on different monitors. Rather than having to have two identical monitors and stretch the screen across the two.

10 Comments
doni49
Mentor

This IS the 21st Century!  It think it's time.

Darin.Green
Mentor

I agree, and this should also be posted in the AutoCAD IdeaStation

doni49
Mentor
There is no acad ideastation.
doni49
Mentor
There is no acad ideastation.
Darin.Green
Mentor

I know... Trying to get them to create one... Smiley Wink

dgorsman
Consultant

<rant mode="on">This post bugs me; the point is not about multiple monitors at all.  Its about having multiple floating windows, independent of the application window.  Without digging deeply into the wording the idea could have been marked as already existing because the program *can* be used across multiple monitors.<rant/>

Can this idea be re-titled so it reflects what is *actually* being asked for?

Nik-D
Collaborator

Well, I did say that it was so that different viewports and not different drawings could be put on different monitors which at the moment you *can't*. I assumed that people would understand I meant viewports of the same model.

So, multiple monitor support does not exist at the moment for different viewports of the same model.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like to also see the ability to have separate paper space view ports for each monitor.

awkeller88
Advocate

Oh how nice it would be to be able to have the model tab and a layout tab open at the same time. What a lovely dream 🙂

~Andy

karstein
Participant

I absolutely vote for the possibillity to have viewports on several monitors! Each Viewport could be a floating window that you drag around wherever you want. Like the toolspace, properties, layer manager, etc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report