Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layer Control Filters Button on Layers Toolbar

Layer Control Filters Button on Layers Toolbar

In a drawing with several layer and group filters and xrefs, I would find it very handy to be able to select which layers of the filter, xref, or All from a Layer Control button on the Layers toolbar I want to see in the Layer Control window.  I often pick the Layer Contol only to find it lists the layers of the last filter I accessed in Layer Properties Manager.  Then I have to open LPM, select the filter, and later it is the same all over again.

3 Comments
troma
Mentor

Nice.

Plus I'd like to apply a different filter to the toolbar/ribbon than to the layer dialog box / pallete.

ВeekeeCZ
Consultant

It does not work on toolbar, but you can add LayerFilterComboControl on the Ribbon. It has old look, it does not work perfectly, but there is.

Ribbon-Layer Filter.png

doni49
Mentor

If I could, I'd give this several extra votes.

In addition to the layers toolbar, I'd like to see a layer filters option on the PROPERTIES toolbar.  When I'm changing an element to a different layer, it is REALLY EXTREMELY SUPER ANNOYING to have to scroll through ALL the layers especially knowing that I've got a filter defined that would make it so that I'd only have to scroll through 5-6 layers.

If the currently selected element(s) is on a layer that due to the filter would not be listed, the layer would still show but it would have to somehow display differently in the list.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report