Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow Pipe Network Structure Labels to "know" TYPE of structure

Allow Pipe Network Structure Labels to "know" TYPE of structure

When labeling my pipe network, EVERY structure is treated the same.  I want to use the same label style for all the structures and let the style decide "what to do".

For example: 

• An inlet has a GRATE ELEVATION not a rim.  So if the structure is an Inlet, the labe should say "GR:  " not "RIM:  ".
  • A headwall has one (or more) pipe with an invert.  But there is no "rim" elevation.  There is no SUMP either -- although if the pipe invert is above the ground line at exit, that could be considered the SUMP.  But C3D insisted on showing the RIM and SUMP for my HW -- UNTIL I made a new style just for headwall labels. 

2 Comments
Status changed to: Archived

Due to a low strategic fit, technical feasibility, or the support of your peers, ideas with this status are not being considered for implementation at this time. Thank you for your contribution, every idea has merit. We always encourage you to rework and resubmit these ideas based on feedback received.

Regards,

Peter Funk

Sr. Product Manager

Autodesk, Inc.

doni49
Mentor

I've been thinking about this some more.  The structure's properties should include Booleans:

• RIM
  • GRATE
  • SUMP

Then the label style could include tests that ID what to include in the displayed label.

if (RIM, "RIM:  " + <RimElevation>)

If (GRATE, "GR:  " + <GrateElevation>)

if (SUMP< "SUMP:  " + <SumpElevation>)

Then when I place my headwall, I'd set it's properties to RIM = FALSE, GRATE = FALSE, SUMP = FALSE (thus making the label show only the structure name and the pipe invert.

When I place a manhole, I'd set its properties to RIM = TRUE, GRATE = FALSE, SUMP = TRUE.

When I place a yard inlet, I'd set it's properties to RIM = FALSE, GRATE = TRUE, SUMP = TRUE.

When I place a CURB INLET (which has a manhole cover on top AND an GRATE elevation), I'd set all three Booleans to TRUE.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report