Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add "Use Current" option to the Object Layers tab

Add "Use Current" option to the Object Layers tab

Add a column labeled "Use Current" to the Drawing Settings, Object Layers tab. If checked, the object would be placed on whatever layer is current. Also, if checked the Layer, Modifier, and Value columns for that object.

4 Comments
troma
Mentor

Similar to this idea.

I appreciate the difference between C3D objects & C3D labels, but they are similar ideas nonetheless. I fully support them both.

Also, along with "Use Current" there should be an option to "Use Layer from Style". For my use, this would be the absolute best. I would love my pipes, structures and all labels to use the layer specified in the style. I don't want all my pipes on one layer, I want them all different as proposed vs existing, storm vs sanitary etc. Using the layer specified in the pipe style would solve this. Similarly for labels.

rogershaw1237
Enthusiast

I like what your saying Troma... I also would like the "Use Layer from Style"

or somehow add more layers to the Object layers but that could be difficult because then you'd have to alter

pipe networks as Sanitary or Storm and the software to know what type of network I am placing...

the "Use from Style" is an excellent idea... I spend more time putting things on correct layers than I do in the design

Jeff.Cahill85
Participant

I know this is an older thread, but this is still an issue.  One that is super annoying for how we like to work.  We are running 2017 and there still isn't an option for "use current".  Does anyone know of a lisp routine to make this happen??

C3D_TomR
Collaborator

@Jeff.Cahill85

What Civil 3D objects or labels are you having to move manually? 

--Tom

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report