Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Survey figures corridor target

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
639 Views, 3 Replies

Survey figures corridor target

Hello,

I currently have a survey figure called strip 1 -3 (see attachment). What I would like to do is rename these survey figure to tw (travel way) and use these in my corridor properties as a target.

What I would like to know is I dont know if these survey figures are linear going from left to right or right to left or both. All I know is that the numbers are increasing from left to right.

For my corridor properties target do I have to connect all these survey figures to one survey figure or can I have these targeted separately if so how.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sboon
in reply to: Anonymous

Not entirely sure that I understand the question here.  You can have multiple lines targeted by one subassembly in a single region.

Clipboard01.png

It doesn't matter to the corridor which direction the lines are going.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: sboon

@sboon wrote:

Not entirely sure that I understand the question here.  You can have multiple lines targeted by one subassembly in a single region.

Clipboard01.png

It doesn't matter to the corridor which direction the lines are going.

Steve

Ok, I am still learning this so lets say the strip represents the travelway and regardless if it is a survey figure, polyline or feature line and I target this to my corridor I would always need to apply the elevation to it. From what I can see that when you target something to the corridor you should always add a elevation.

Thanks

Message 4 of 4
sboon
in reply to: Anonymous

From what I can see that when you target something to the corridor you should always add a elevation.

No.  You have the option of applying a horizontal target or a vertical target or both.  The two targets don't have to be the same; you could use one featureline for the horizontal, and a different one for the vertical if you want.  If you don't supply a target then the subassembly reverts to it's default behaviour at that location. 

For example, I often apply a horizontal target for widening the pavement of my lanes but I leave the vertical target out, so that the elevation at the edge of pavement is controlled by the superelevation parameters.

Steve

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report