Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subassembly not getting attached to the right side of the Assembly

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
486 Views, 5 Replies

Subassembly not getting attached to the right side of the Assembly

I had made a subassembly through the subassembly composer and when I try to attach the composed subassembly to the right side of my assembly baseline it doesn't fit. I can't even find the side in property dialog box. But when the same subassembly is used in my friend's computer am able to find the side of attachment

PFA 

In one figure under the Parameter you can find the "side" parameter displayed and in another one it is not present and hence I am unable to attach the subassembly to the right side

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jroot
in reply to: Anonymous

In creating the subassembly did you assign a LEFT or RIGHT as the default value for the Side parameter? (NONE is also a choice for default)

Message 3 of 6
jessica.miller
in reply to: Anonymous

Make sure you are both using the same .pkt file.  Different properties will show up with the same piece if the pkt you are using is different than the one your coworker is using.

Jessica Miller
Design Technician
CEC Corporation
4555 West Memorial Road, Oklahoma City, OK 73142
T: 405.753.4200
Dir: 405.753.4616
www.connectcec.com

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: jroot

@jroot initially it was "none" and since I wanted to overcome the probelm i tried giving it a value of "right", even then it didn't work.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: jessica.miller

@jessica.miller Yes, I had created the file and my friend is using the same .pkt file

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: jessica.miller

And Today it's working good, It seems restarting the application solves the problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report