Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Streight dragged state leader line

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
AEC_Cadd
1161 Views, 9 Replies

Streight dragged state leader line

Is there a way to have a streight leader line for the dragged state? When I drag my point labels out and have them at 45 degrees, I want the leader line to point directly to the text.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
jjfuller
in reply to: AEC_Cadd

Are you saying you don't want a landing? If yes, then the arrow head size controls the landing length also. Set the arrow head size to 0 in the dragged state, this will fix the leader at the expense of losing the arrow head.
Jon Fuller

Infrastructure Design Suite Premium - Latest Version
Civil 3D - Latest Version
Message 3 of 10
AEC_Cadd
in reply to: jjfuller

OK, that is a step in the right direction. I have my text rotated to 45 degrees but they are still alligned verticle if you know what I mean.

Wish I could make my dragged state look like it did in LDT. I inserted an image.

Topo Model (1).jpg

Message 4 of 10
doni49

Like So?  See the attached dwg.

AEC_Cadd.png

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 5 of 10
jjfuller

Change from "stacked text" to "as composed" maybe?
Jon Fuller

Infrastructure Design Suite Premium - Latest Version
Civil 3D - Latest Version
Message 6 of 10
AEC_Cadd

Getting closer, see image. Almost what I want but not quite. Someone out there must have done this already after all these years of C3D!Topo Model (2).jpg

Message 7 of 10
AEC_Cadd
in reply to: doni49

Yeah, that is close to what I have so far but I would like the leader line to line up with the center piece of text. I know this is picky but the powers to be here in the office want everything to look just like LDT.

Message 8 of 10
doni49

See the updated dwg file attached.  I changed it so that the ELEVATION is anchored at the feature.  Now it's simply a matter of playing with the x & y offsets (for the Point Elevation on the Layout tab) until you get it the way you like.

AEC_Cadd2.png

Don Ireland

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 9 of 10
AEC_Cadd
in reply to: doni49

Thanks for your help. Thnk I got it. I appreciate your input.

Message 10 of 10
doni49

I'm pleased to hear that you got it resolved. Thanks for letting us know. Have a great day!

Don Ireland

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report