Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reverse a Feature LIne Curve

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
F.Camargo
3176 Views, 11 Replies

Reverse a Feature LIne Curve

Hi guys,

How are you?

I'm trying to reverse a feature line curve. How Can I do that?

I've already changed the radius and I'd like to put it in the green curve.

Thanks

Reverse Curve.JPG

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
JustOpie
in reply to: F.Camargo

I'm interested in knowing that, too.

I typically trim that curve out of the figure. Then draw the new curve in as a polyline for converting into a feature line.

If you are dealing with elevations, I would place the converted polyline on a separate site and then adjust the ends of the curve to the correct elevations, before joining with the original feature line.
Message 3 of 12
F.Camargo
in reply to: JustOpie

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm interested in knowing that, too.

I typically trim that curve out of the figure. Then draw the new curve in as a polyline for converting into a feature line.

If you are dealing with elevations, I would place the converted polyline on a separate site and then adjust the ends of the curve to the correct elevations, before joining with the original feature line.

The parcels was changed and I need to updated the old one. I don't wanna to create a new one to fix it.

I need to convert curve to line too.

Message 4 of 12
doni49

@F.Camargo wrote:

Hi guys,

How are you?

Thanks

Reverse Curve.JPG

It sounds like you want the blue curve to look like the GREEN curve.  Select the FL, then Pick "Edit Curve" -- just before the dialog opens, you should see an option to DELETE the curve (at the command line).  After you've deleted the curve, the tangents will be joined and you can use the fillet command to put the curve back in there.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 5 of 12
F.Camargo
in reply to: doni49

@doni49 wrote:

@F.Camargo wrote:

Hi guys,

How are you?

Thanks

Reverse Curve.JPG

It sounds like you want the blue curve to look like the GREEN curve.  Select the FL, then Pick "Edit Curve" -- just before the dialog opens, you should see an option to DELETE the curve (at the command line).  After you've deleted the curve, the tangents will be joined and you can use the fillet command to put the curve back in there.

Hi Don,

I couldn't delete the curve as you said. But I've notice in edit curve dialog, maintain tangency worked fine for me.

But When I press OK isn't working as I wish.

See the file attached, please.

test.dwg

Thanks

Fabricio

Message 6 of 12
rl_jackson

I'm think you drew the line in a clockwise direction, and curves in ACAD are created in the opposite direction, bet if you create it in a counter-clockwise direction, opposite of what you did it will create the curve as expected.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 12
F.Camargo
in reply to: rl_jackson

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm think you drew the line in a clockwise direction, and curves in ACAD are created in the opposite direction, bet if you create it in a counter-clockwise direction, opposite of what you did it will create the curve as expected.

So, Do I have to delete the curve and insert a new PI and use fillet FL the right direction??

Message 8 of 12
doni49

"I couldn't delete the curve as you said."
When you initiate the EDIT CURVE command (before the dialog pictured in your screenshot above opens), look at the command line. You'll see two options and one of them is DELETE. Press D and the curve will be deleted.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 9 of 12
F.Camargo
in reply to: doni49

@doni49 wrote:
"I couldn't delete the curve as you said."
When you initiate the EDIT CURVE command (before the dialog pictured in your screenshot above opens), look at the command line. You'll see two options and one of them is DELETE. Press D and the curve will be deleted.

It isn't working for that drawing. I've tried it.

Thanks

Message 10 of 12
Pointdump

Fabricio,

Fab1.png

1. Maintain Tangency.
2. Type in "6" for radius.

That worked for me.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 11 of 12
Pointdump

Fabricio,

I was having inconsistent results, so I made a Screencast.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 12 of 12
F.Camargo
in reply to: Pointdump

@Pointdump wrote:

Fabricio,

I was having inconsistent results, so I made a Screencast.

Dave

Wow,

Excellent result my friend Dave!!!

It is just like I wanted to do. Thank you very much 🙂

I think that post will help a lot of people. Well Done!

Fabricio

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report