Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRESSURE PIPES AND LIFT STATIONS

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
cturlington
1584 Views, 5 Replies

PRESSURE PIPES AND LIFT STATIONS

Hello,

I am using Civil 3D 2015.

I am not familiar with pressure pipes yet and my company is looking for a software that designs and analyses pressure pipes and pump stations.  I know Civil 3D has pressure pipe networks, but does the pressure networks also have analysis and design capablities?  If so, is it capable of lift station and pump design?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

You should use the Storm and Sanitary Analysis that comes with Civil 3D.  For water analysis, you are better off using something like WaterCAD.

Todd Rogers
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: cturlington

A few years ago Autodesk bought WaterNET, StormCAD, and RiverCAD from BOSS International.  Two of the three were turned into Civil 3D applications.  Not sure what Autodesk's plan is for WaterNET.

Message 4 of 6
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: Anonymous

I wish they would do something with the WaterNET because we have customers ask us all the time if Autodesk has anything, and unfortunately, I have to turn them to WaterCAD.  But, that USED to be the case for AutoTurn as well and now they have a product that kills AutoTurn.

Todd Rogers
Message 5 of 6
bcmonsen
in reply to: cturlington

I just saw there is a new pressure analysis tool that is using the EPANET program inside of Civil 3D called PressureCAD. It has worked great for us!   www.pressurecad.com

Message 6 of 6
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: bcmonsen

What @bcmonsen said, this is a great alternative. This is from by buddy Shawn Herring. They have put a lot of effort into this plugin.

Todd Rogers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report