Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Channel Corridor Intersection

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
ahmedramy69
965 Views, 2 Replies

Open Channel Corridor Intersection

Hi all , wish you are fine . I'm trying to make a curved merging between these two open channels .In fact , they have different bed levels as well as different side slops , bottom widths . I splitted the bigger channel in two regions , split occurs at the intersection point .I tried also using intersection wizard , but it overwhelmed me and at the end it was to no avail .

Here are some screenshots : 

c3d 2020 dwg attached

Smaller Channel AssemblySmaller Channel AssemblyBiggerChannel AssemblyBiggerChannel AssemblyThe intersection in Plan VeiwThe intersection in Plan Veiw

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hello,

I would try a different approach and try to focus on daylighting the smaller channel to the eastern flowedge of the larger one at the red dot (please see below).  Once the smaller flowline matches the larger flowline edge, find the surface overlap between the smaller channel's outside slopes/berms with the larger channel outer daylight slope (yellow arrows).  

Capture2.PNG

So rather than trying to merge these 2 corridors into a single corridor, treat them separately with separate corridor surfaces.  Then do the overlap evaluation and create a "composite" surface that has the bigger corridor with the clipped "smaller" channel corridor surface "pasted" in.  I hope this helps.

Michael M. Carlson
Senior Civil Designer
CADD Manager
AutoCAD Civil 3D Professional
AutoCAD Professional

Message 3 of 3

Thanks Mike for elucidating such details , i will try you solutions then get back to you .

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report