Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Tool Palette Issues

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kolk
196 Views, 3 Replies

Network Tool Palette Issues

Hello!

I am attempting to set our users up with network referenced tool palette.  I know this is probably old hat for most places, but we simply haven't had the need to "complicate" thing until now.  Anyway, the issues I am running into is loading a custom built sub-assembly.  I am sure that this part works (I have used it, and would others to be able to use it).  Specifically, what is happening is that when I create a .pkt file from this part, and then try and load it into the network tool palette, the other users can't use it (a myriad of errors show up in the panorama box: (something wrong with current assembly..., macro file not found...,etc.)

Is there something I'm missing here?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you may be able to provide!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
tcorey
in reply to: kolk

I recall that you cannot share subassemblies this way and that each user must import the .pkt file onto his/her own palette. This has been an issue for many years.

I hope someone can tell me my memory is in error and that this can be done, but I'm pretty sure not.

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: kolk

I don’t use network tool palettes since all our teams mostly work on laptops to be mobile.  I would use robocopy to push updates to machine on a regular basis. If you need to use a network method then I’d try the following.

1. Does it work ok if you install it from a local drive?

2. How are you specifying the network path? Full UNC path?

3. What happens if you map a network drive and install with that?

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

To further what Ian had mentioned. 

If its just a company toolpalette with the standard blocks, layers, linetypes, custom lisp routines etc,then the network option is very much possible.

If you would like to include custom assemblies from certain projects or C3D design drawings, then no... 

custom assemblies reside in a local location. They will not work in a networked environment.

I have developed a batch routine to 'share' the information across several computers.

There should be careful consideration and a well defined method before trying this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report