Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2016 Freezes after plot preview

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
dmpe
1693 Views, 10 Replies

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2016 Freezes after plot preview

I am having a problem with plotting in AutoCAD Civil 3D 2016.  If I try to plot something (to pdf or printer), I can see a preview and it looks fine.  However, after I close the preview box or select the print button, AutoCAD freezes and the cursor flashes as though it is processing, but it never ends.  These are drawings or maps that printed with no issues in C3D 2015.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
rkmcswain
in reply to: dmpe

Is background printing enabled? If so, try disabling this.
So it happens with any output device?
What if you do not preview first?
What if you run PUBLISH instead of PLOT?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

There are a few users here that have the same issue. Switching to another drawing brings back the command line, but they shouldn't have to do that just to get it back
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

This is the only drawing I have open, so I couldn't try that.  I have tried minimizing all my open windows and coming back to the drawing, but that doesn't work.  I'm wondering if this is a graphics issue?

Does anyone have any other fixes?

Message 5 of 11
walterlewinski

Did you try printing from the preview screen by right clicking on the preview and click plot?

Thank you,
Walter

IDSP Premium 2016
Win 7 Pro x64, 256Gb SSD, 4Tb HDD
16Gb Ram Intel i7-5930K @ 3.50GHz
3-NVIDIA GTX 970 4Gb (12Gb) Triple Monitors
Message 6 of 11
dmpe
in reply to: walterlewinski

Thanks to those that answered.  For me, it was related to the wms aerial photo, because when I turned that off, it didn't happen.  That said, I've not experience this in a while, and regularly print with a wms aerial background.  It was the preview that was getting bound up when going to plot (regardless of printer), if I didn't preview it would print.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

I've been having this same issue and it's infuriating. how did you fix it?

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

I'm having the same issue. If i try to print  or exit print preview, it gives me the loading ball and never comes back. I left it over night and it was still loading. I can print to pdf just fine though.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

When i turn off my aerial photo it seems to work fine. Did you ever figure out how to fix this?

Message 10 of 11
dmpe

Unfortunately I don't have a good answer.  It stopped and I don't recall if I did something or not.  I can say I haven't had the problem since (though I eventually went to 2017 and now 2018), but that's not much help!

Message 11 of 11
Anonymous

Running a purge is the fastest fix, but it will be temporary, since it's caused by a corrupted layout. Remember to save often!
Follow these steps
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/AutoCA...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report