Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intersections Command Freezing

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
yolanda.bell
332 Views, 1 Reply

Intersections Command Freezing

I have a site in which I have four intersections. I am trying to grade the intersections and tie my corridors in together. Every time I go through the intersection command, Autocad freezes and I am forced to shut down the program. Is there another way to grade these intersections or something that I can do? 

Labels (1)
  • C3D
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
JRitner
in reply to: yolanda.bell

Welcome, Yolanda

First I'd suggest running an audit on your dwg & any xref dwgs you may have included in your file, just to rule that out.

Personally, I don't use intersections that often. I prefer to use connected offset alignments with FG profiles for curb returns, which I then run a curb return assembly along, using the offset & centerline profiles as width and elevation targets for the corridor. While this method does generate a lot of named objects (and clear naming becomes VERY important down the line when you're trying to figure out which corridor\alignment\profile you need to tweak) I find it to be a lot more stable and the results are pretty clean.

I detailed this method in post #7 here

Hope this helps. Good luck! Be sure to ask for help if/when you need it!

Joel Ritner
C3D Certified Professional
BIM/Systems Manager
Najarian Associates, NJ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report