Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image unreadable

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
Neilw_05
2858 Views, 22 Replies

Image unreadable

I frequently encounter a problem where attached raster images become unreadable. This happens when I open a file that has an image attached and I redirect the path to a different image. The sources and format of the images are identical so I know it is not a compatibility issue. I can detach and reattach no problem.

This also just happened in a file that had an attached image that didn't change in any way. The path didn't change, the image didn't change, yet when I opened the file, the status was Not Found in the XREF manager, even though the path in the setting was right. I went ahead and re-applied the path, then the status changed from Not Found to unreadable. See attached screen capture.

I can't find any forum posts on this issue so it doesn't seem to be a common problem. Anyone know what is going on?

I am using Civil 3D 2023.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Tags (1)
22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
Shea_Perry
in reply to: Neilw_05

I was having the exact same issue! I found that if I opened an empty drawing, Recovered the file, then repathed the image and made it an absolute path. Then saved and closed out and when I reopened, the image showed up so I think that is a workaround fix!

Message 22 of 23
Neilw_05

As I noted earlier, the problem corrects itself if you close and re-open the drawing. No need to do anything else. I should have marked it as a solution.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 23 of 23
neilyj666

This seems to work as expected in 2024.3 - repath the image and the new one appears

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2025 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report