Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IFC Export. Adding resources

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Karadzhaian_Eduard
607 Views, 4 Replies

IFC Export. Adding resources

Hi all,

I try to export to IFC. There is a possibility only manage base ifc resource properties "IfcBuilding":

1.PNG

I need to add new custom property/property set, which will be visible in any IFC Viewer. Using rightclick I can add different values only of simple resources like "IfcAddress" or "IfcActor".

Eduard_Karadzhaian_0-1597949177566.png

As a result I need to get a new property in common IFC file attributes order like this one:

3.PNG

I will be appriciated getting any suggestions

Eduard Karadzhaian
Senior Civil Infrastructure Engineer
Blog| LinkedIn| E-mail| Youtube|

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Buzz0m
in reply to: Karadzhaian_Eduard

Hi!

Im replying from my phone so I'll give a brief answer: try adding porperty sets to objects before doing the export. In these porperrysets you can add whatever manual attributes you want as well as some sophisticated automatic ones. These will be added to the ifx5 file

Message 3 of 5
Karadzhaian_Eduard
in reply to: Buzz0m

@Buzz0m thank you

But I know this. I've used Property Set Data for adding object's (Solids, Alignments etc) attributes. But I want to add Global IFC resources to IFC exported File - Common Attributes of Project like IFCBuilding in AEC direction.

For example, climatic zone, seismic zone - these parameters are common for project. I don't want to add these resources for all objects included in IFC.

I'm interested in adding new IFC Resource - IfcRoad

Eduard Karadzhaian
Senior Civil Infrastructure Engineer
Blog| LinkedIn| E-mail| Youtube|

Message 4 of 5
Buzz0m

That figures 😃 It seemed odd that somebody with your experience wouldn't have been familiar with this... I hope you find the solution you are after! I'm afraid I have nothing to offer after all... =/

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Hi! Did you find any solution to this?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report