Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to show grade change in angle on Profile?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
TiStars
2719 Views, 6 Replies

How to show grade change in angle on Profile?

Hi,

I am working on create curve for a profile, it will be very helpful if every PVI shows tangent grade changes in angle.

Please refer to enclosed pic for details:

Rad is profile, i want to get angle which is yellow, I always add 2 line (green) and make a dimension of angle to complement it, too complicated.

I have tried Profile label, but I cant find the right one, Grade Break  seems close to my requirement , but 

1. Labels don't come on every PVI, just some of them , I don't know why.
  2. It can only shows grade change instead of angle, I got a formula of "ATAN({Grade in}---{Grade out})", but i don't know where to put it in.

Very appreciate for any advice,

天涯海角的山姆

您认为此帖子是否有用?欢迎为此帖点赞。

您的问题是否已得到解答?请点击“接受解答”按钮。

EESignature

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
schroederC3D
in reply to: TiStars

Hi,

Two things:

1. Make sure weeding is adjusted appropriately to show grade break labels for your PVIs,
  2. Use Grade Change in a label component to report the change in grade between incoming/outgoing tangents:

Untitled.png

If this solves your issue or answers your question then please hit the KUDO button or mark as an ACCEPTED SOLUTION!

Reply Syntax?
Command (Uppercase): TRIM, Variable (Italicized): MSLTSCALE, Civil 3D Object (Within brackets): [SITE]

If this solves your issue or answers your question then please hit the KUDO button or mark as an ACCEPTED SOLUTION!

Please support my Idea to revert the forum format to the old one: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/community-ideas/revert-to-old-forum-layout/idi-p/7917987
Message 3 of 7
MMcCall402

Adjusting the weeding the the profile label properties should get the 'missing' PVI labels to appear.

The Grade Change in the label style won't give you an angular value.  You will need to make an Expression with the formula to calculate the angle.  In Toolspace, -->Profile, -->Label Styles, -->Grade Breaks, you should see Expressions at the bottom of the list of available grade break label styles. Select it an choose New. Name the new expression and in the Expression area you can build the formula.  (ATAN({Grade Change}))  Set the value result to Angle. When you return to your grade break label style the name of the new expression should appear as an available property for the label.

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Message 4 of 7
TiStars

the right formula will be:

ABS(RAD2DEG(ATAN({Grade In}-{Grade Out})))

天涯海角的山姆

您认为此帖子是否有用?欢迎为此帖点赞。

您的问题是否已得到解答?请点击“接受解答”按钮。

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
TiStars

Red is Expression, Blue is Weeding adjustment, I put 2 here , then every PVI shows "Grade Break" label.

I understand Weeding make sense as sometimes people maybe just want special parts outstood by labels.

(you can see Angle has been correctly showed in drawings.  Many thanks to both above!)

aptureProfileAngle1.PNG

天涯海角的山姆

您认为此帖子是否有用?欢迎为此帖点赞。

您的问题是否已得到解答?请点击“接受解答”按钮。

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
TiStars
in reply to: schroederC3D

Thanks, I took me some time to understand " weeding is adjusted appropriately" and find where to adjust.

I am using C3D 2016, I think you are saying "Grade Break"?

天涯海角的山姆

您认为此帖子是否有用?欢迎为此帖点赞。

您的问题是否已得到解答?请点击“接受解答”按钮。

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
TiStars
in reply to: MMcCall402

Thank you, I like " In Toolspace, -->Profile, -->Label Styles, -->Grade Breaks, you should see Expressions " , it shows me easily where Expression is. I recalled that I saw it before.

I attached a pic to show where is expression and weeding

天涯海角的山姆

您认为此帖子是否有用?欢迎为此帖点赞。

您的问题是否已得到解答?请点击“接受解答”按钮。

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report