Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GEOLOCATION HELP

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
DavidLM8GHU
394 Views, 4 Replies

GEOLOCATION HELP

Im having a weird issue with the geolocation.  I have a few drawings that the map does not display correctly (location), however if I copy everything out of the drawing and paste to original coordinates in a new drawing the map displays correctly.  I have checked the drawing settings and the mapcassign settings and they are both set to FL83-WF NAD83 Florida State Plane, West Zone, US Foot.  I have also checked the transformation tab to make sure nothing was changed there.  I just cant figure out what is wrong in the drawing that doesnt display correctly.  Like I said if I copy everything and paste to original coords in a new drawing everything is fine.

Im lost please help.

Thank you,

David Lambert

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Pointdump
in reply to: DavidLM8GHU

Hi David,
Can you post the problem drawing?
Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 3 of 5
DavidLM8GHU

Here is one of the files.  As stated before if i copy everything and paste to original coords in a new dwg everything is fine 

GEOLOCATION.PNG

Message 4 of 5
ChicagoLooper

Hi @DavidLM8GHU 

Bradenton, correct?

If you want to 'correct' your uploaded drawing so it's geospatially accurate, you'll need to RE-ESTABLISH the drawing's currently assigned coordinate system. The user who originally assigned it made an error.

Follow these instructions e-x-a-c-t-l-y as shown.

1. Go to geolocation Tab=>Location Panel=>Remove Location
  2. Do you want to remove location data......click YES
  3. On command line, type in MAPCSASSIGN=>In Search box enter FL83=>Highlight and select FL83-WF=>Assign
  4. Go to Geolocation Tab=>Online Map Panel=>Map Dropdown arrow=>select Map Hybrid
  5. Zoom-in to your site=>on command line type REA (regen all)=>Enter

Your line work is now correctly in Bradenton. If you want to copy then copy from this new file. Don't copy from the file you uploaded, that one is not geospatially accurate.

Chicagolooper

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
DavidLM8GHU

@ChicagoLooper  AWESOME that worked!!!  Thank you.  This has been driving me crazy.  I have ran into a few jobs that were started by someone else before I got here that have this issue.  Thanks again!!!! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report