Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Geolocation blocked by Netskope. Not loading map. URLs or IP's needed for SSL decryption exclusion.

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
DarcySaunders72
508 Views, 2 Replies

Geolocation blocked by Netskope. Not loading map. URLs or IP's needed for SSL decryption exclusion.

Hi,

I'm struggling to get the URL's or IP's used by the Geolocation feature in AutoCAD and Civil3D.

I know its bing maps.

I have whitelisted https://www.bing.com/maps and can access via web browser no problem.

If I disable Netskope client the map loads without issue.

I have tried to determine the failed IP connections via process explorer and process monitor on the PID without any luck.

Does anyone know the URL's/IP's/Server names that Civil3D/Bing needs excluding from SSL decryption?

Thank you in advance.

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

The geolocation feature is activated by your assigned coordinate system. And not just any ol' Coordinate System but a PROJECTED coordinate system, not a GEOGRAPHIC coordinate system.

<<A projected CS typically uses meters or feet in the units whereas a geographic CS uses units of degrees, e.g. Lat/Long>>

<<All State Planes are projected. All UTM zones are projected. WGS84 EPSG 4326, which is used by Google Earth Pro, Google Maps & Bing maps, to name a few, is a geographic coordsys because it uses Lat/Long w/degree units>>

If you don't assign a projected coordinate system to your drawing then you won't be able to access Bing Maps.

Do this.

1. Open a clean brand new imperial (or metric) template.
  2. Assign a coordinate system (MAPCSASSIGN) to modelspace making sure it 'covers' yours site.
  3. Turn on Bing Hybrid. Go to Geolocation tab=>Online Map panel=>change Map off to Bing Hybrid (The Bing logo will appear in lower right corner of modelspace, if not you have a 'Bing Map' connection problem.)
  4. Zoom out using mouse wheel until you see the red geomarker symbol in modelspace (it looks like a red bicycle wheel with red spokes). Bing map is roughly centered on the geomarker. Zoom in and navigate to your site using Bing Hybrid as a guide.

Chicagolooper

EESignature

Message 3 of 3

I ended up disabling Netskope (firewall/proxy/web filter) client and running the geolocation map function again with Teletrik Fiddler running.
This showed about 25 lines from the applications PID to dev.virtualearth.net & *.tiles.virtualearth.net.
Once these were whitelisted all worked fine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report