Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point Label Style to display a user-defined column in a point file format

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
demus72
1205 Views, 14 Replies

Point Label Style to display a user-defined column in a point file format

I created a sixth column for a point file format using the user-defined. It loads, parses, and I am able to import the points just fine. Now my dilemma is creating a point label style to label a user-defined column in the point file format. Does anyone know what option to use in a point label style to read a user-defined column in a point file format?

ThanksUser-Defined option.jpg

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: demus72

Hi

-before you import it (for example in csv file with the same column you created.

- you create new user defined  

- create property same column in csv file

-TOOLSPACE-SETTING TAB-POINT COLLECTION DROP DOWN-CREATE NEW LABEL STYLE - ADD 7 PROPERTY THAT YOU CREATE . 

- TOOLSPACE-SETTING TAB-POINT COLLECTION DROP DOWN  POINT FILE FORMAT DROP DOWN-CREATE NEW    

- import point file - choose the format file you created before.

-toolspace - prospector tab - point group right click - choose the label style you prepare before. so the user defined property will assign to your point in drawing area.

see the photo attached 

Thanks

Message 3 of 15
cjv-consulte

Hello is there someway to revive this topic?

I have tried the steps more or less explained in this answer, but cannot make it work.

What I want to do is basically the same but including somemore data from a txt separated with tabspaces

My data is fomated this way

#  x  y  z  DESCRIPTION   1-CBR100   1-CBR95   1-CBR90   2-CBR100   2-CBR95   C-CBR90

What I want is create a point label where I can recall the descripcion and place it at middle top of the point

the  a label point recalling 1CBR100 - 1CBR95 - 1CBR90 and below 2CBR100 - 2 CBR95 - 2CBR90

But cannot recall the user defined data when i create the label, I attatch pictures ofwhat it looks like of the thing I´m trying.

189 - 220704 - 1725.png190 - 220704 - 1726.png

This is how I formating my data in excel

191 - 220704 - 1726.png

192 - 220704 - 1726.png

And Im trying to use this TXTs to import to Civil

Message 4 of 15
Pointdump
in reply to: cjv-consulte

Hi @cjv-consulte,
I'm guessing that when you create your User Defined Properties, "20.90" would be formatted as a double, but "-" is a string value. Please post your drawing and text file.
Dave

UDP_1.png

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 5 of 15
cjv-consulte
in reply to: Pointdump

No I did not made that step of "User Defined Properties" that´s the step I´m missing no idea what I´m supposed to other than jus right click and create a new one. Then what? cause I got lost at that step.
Message 6 of 15
cjv-consulte

Yeah I´m attaching my drawing

Message 7 of 15
cjv-consulte

This is somewhat the final product, although the missing part is find a way to fill the "gaps" automatically from the points data.

This is of course in LT after exporting it, due date was immediate and had no other choice than make it manually, but this kind of project is ever changing and to make this manually is time consuming and managers love to think is just a 3 mins task since is "just change the numbers duh"

195 - 220705 - 1348.png

Message 8 of 15
cjv-consulte

Here is my XLS and TXT, I just copy-paste the filtered data from my XLS to a TXT and it adds the spaces required.

Message 9 of 15
Pointdump

@cjv-consulte,
Thanks for posting your drawing and data.
First step would be to set up your User Defined Properties. Right-Click >> New. I think you'll probably want to format them as String because of the "-" data. If you format as Double, then you'll want to use a null value of "0" instead of "-".
Start there and then your Point Label will need a little work.
Dave

UDP_1.png

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Message 10 of 15
Pointdump

In the attached drawing, look at the PENZD-CBR Point File Format and the modified PCA - CBR Label Style.
The only thing I haven't figured out is how to add "%" to only the UDP's with Number in the Label Style. Maybe an expression, but I'm not sure how to go about that.

Edit: Might try changing the UDP's from String to PerCent format.
Attached zipped file contains drawing and tab-delimited point files.

Dave

UDP_1.png

UDP_2.png

UDP_3.png

UDP_4.png

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Message 11 of 15
cjv-consulte

Woaaah that exactly or even better what I had in mind, the only thing I would adapt is the name of the label to be called rather than 1-CBR100  to "MA1-CBR100" but that ´s just by changing the user defined property"

Regarding the "%" I was thinking to modify the label to add just a plain text as "%" so the name of the label is used from the points properties and the rest is just plain text.

sorry for not replying before but been busy with other stuff from work and had very little time to experiment with this issue.

Gonna try it by myself if i can make it work.

Message 12 of 15
cjv-consulte

Did you change manually the text of 1-CBR100?
Or is there any way to recall now the name of the column to be placed at the begining?

For example data columns in the point file format are called:
"Number" "East" "North"
1 783 212

Si is there a way to make the label recall automatically the name of the column then Value

Number " = " 1
East "=" 783

Where the only plain text is the one in the quotation marks.

BTW I managed to make it work!!!
I'm so happy. IT WORKS!!!
Message 13 of 15
cjv-consulte

Well I´m choosing the answers from pointdump as the ones I needed.

Thank you so much.

Message 14 of 15
Pointdump

"...is there any way to recall now the name of the column to be placed at the begining?"
Good question. Nothing I can think of.
Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Message 15 of 15
sdonaldsonX8MKD
in reply to: Anonymous

This answered my question.  Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report