Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error importing Infraworks model

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
357 Views, 0 Replies

Error importing Infraworks model

I've been running Civil 3D 2019 for the past year or so. I have the current patches and updates.

Today I installed Infraworks 2019, and installed the hotfix 2019.3 listed in the Autodesk desktop app and created a small (0.2sq.mi.) model using the model builder. Once I opened it, I checked to make sure it was sufficient. It was just a small area with some buildings and a road.

In Civil 3D, I used the Open Model button on the Infraworks tab. It would pop up the import dialog box, and I would select the model, and leave all the rest of the settings default. When I clicked import, the command line would return an error saying "Failed to import the Imx file. Unknown exception." I tried to tweak the settings in the open model dialog, but each time I got the same error. Or, if I selected the Refine selection button, it would crash Civil 3D. I would also crash Civil 3D if I select the Exchange Settings command, which is consistent since I believe these are both the same dialog/command.

I then tried to export an IMX file from InfraWorks, but when I use the Import IMX command, I get the same error as when I try to open the model.

I've attached a screencast of the issues outlined. Does anyone have any insight on the importing problem and how I can work around or correct it?

Thanks

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report