Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing 1 Default Template When QNEW is set to NONE

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
d_prontnicki
857 Views, 5 Replies

Drawing 1 Default Template When QNEW is set to NONE

I am trying to find what template is used when launching Civil 3D 2020 for Drawing1 when QNEW is set to NONE.

In my options I have Default Template File name for QNEW set to NONE and Drawing Template File Location set to network drive folder containing all our company templates. This way when a user selects new, the dialog will open to that location. But on start up, drawing 1 is using a template I can not find/determine.

I need to change a sysvar monitor variable in that template so the balloon notification does not appear on start up. I know the default out of the box is:
C:\Users\*USERNAME*\AppData\Local\Autodesk\C3D 2020\enu\Template\_Autodesk Civil 3D (Imperial) NCS.dwt

I have tried changing it here, but this is not what is loading. I know because if I open that template after changing the sysvar I do not get the balloon notification. 

I also noticed that drawing1.dwl and .dwl2 appear on the network location. What template is it loading?

Thank you, 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: d_prontnicki

Why not just specify the template (and settings you must have) in one of your own and set QNEW to it instead? It is what you want to do after all.
Message 3 of 6
d_prontnicki
in reply to: pendean

@pendean Actually we have 6 different templates, one for each discipline. This is why we don't want to set a default new. So we set it to NONE so the dialog appears for them to choose their appropriate template. The problem is on initial launch. I dont know what template its using for start up.

Message 4 of 6
AllenJessup

I don't know if there is one. NONE makes it sound like it's using defaults set in the program.

You could always make a desktop icon for each discipline and use the /t switch to specify the template.

https://www.cadlinecommunity.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/360002324178-Customising-your-default-AutoCAD-s...

Also. You could set the SYSVAR in the acaddoc.lsp file.

AllenJessup_0-1617300858028.png

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
d_prontnicki
in reply to: AllenJessup

@AllenJessup You beat me too it. I just realized I was overthinking it. I added it to the acaddoc.lsp and it resolved the issue. I was just coming on here to post that and saw you updated your post. 🙂

I will give you the credit though since you beat me too it. LOL 🙂

Message 6 of 6
AllenJessup

I went through the same process. I posted about the Icon customization. The thought "Wait a minute" there's an easier way. Some sort of Parallel Processing I guess. 😉

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report